Dell 197FPf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 197FPf

Got this for $5. Guy said that it takes multiple tried to turn on. When I plugged it in it turned on by itself no problems. (i did not need to press power to turn on)...
    But, the button doesn't make it turn off. The power buttons doesn't do anything.

I plan to take it apart and inspect for any loose connectors, bad caps, etc.

But... there are no screws how do I take it apart? Thanks!

Re: Dell 197FPf

Hello,

I could be wrong but, I think this model Dell should have those tool inserts along the bottom of the monitor like alot of the other "E" series Dell monitors. Such as Dell E172FPb,,c,f,s. Maybe the grey plastic button inside the bezel is broken and that is why you can't turn it or of via the switch? Otherwise have fun with your $5 project!

Take Care,
    lcdman

Comment

Aha! Iget it! The front bezel comes off, then the plastic back comes off... Thanks!

Comment

Well, I think he lied to me. It has some liquid damage on the inside where the little front panel circuit board is. And the plastic looks like it was pried open before. However, I don't care. Why? Because it works just fine! I don't care if I can't turn it off... as long as it just stays on. Lol! And it matches my Dell 22" perfectly. Side by side they look great!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X