HD4850 with Sacon FZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD4850 with Sacon FZ

These are elctrolytic cap. Do you think I can replace a sacon fz 1500 with teapo sc 1500?

Comment

I just found some Rubycon 1500mf MBZ TO307 I had that are 16v.
      Is that safe to replace FZ69 1500 6.3v?

Last edited by xtreeme; 07-17-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

If there is room for the MBZ, you can use that. Using a capacitor with higher rated voltage doesn't hurt anything.
        ------------
        Be a mensch

Comment

Totally agree with sofTest.

Only problem is that typically you do not have the physical room to fit 16V capacitors in the place of 6.3V capacitors.

The problem that I encounter reasonably often as well is that even if the voltage is the same. The physical space does not allow for good quality capacitors. Then you have to hunt down all the datasheets and find out whether you can get a certain minimum grade capacitor in a given size.
          Normally I have to reduce the capacitance a bit so I can get good quality capacitors to fit in tight areas.

Comment

Originally posted by xtreeme
            I just found some Rubycon 1500mf MBZ TO307 I had that are 16v.
            Is that safe to replace FZ69 1500 6.3v?

http://www.rubycon.co.jp/en/catalog/.../e_MBZ_MCZ.pdf
            That's perfectly fine if they fit.
            The MBZ will be taller and make sure the diameter will fit.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

more hit/miss for all of you

my xfx geforce 5200 fx has all g-luxon crap. none visibly blown. should i recap anyway?
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

You can do a preventative recap. Or you could wait until it actually fails.

It is completely up to you.

Many here would say to do a preventative recap, especially if you have the capacitors already.

Comment

Recap it now or face the consequences like the 7300GT I cam across

eVGA 7300GT went boom

Comment

They appear to be the most common on eVGA GeForce 7 family cards.

I don't have those on my eVGA GeForce 9500 GT. Thank God!
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I dunno. I have a FX5500 that I've had since, I'd say 2004 with all Sacon FZ and Evercon. Truthfully, I stopped using the PC around 2007, so I only got 3-ish years of real use with these caps...and non of them seem to be failed. (The video card is still stable).

However, you do have to live with the fact that your video card may or may not explode at any given moment, so recapping with some Nichicon HM/HN is usually a good idea.

Comment

They seem to be less common now, seems that eVGA stopped using them, knock on wood.
                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

The top end cards (GTX 570/580 and Radeon 6800 up) never use Sacons. Probably because it gets so hot on the boards. Always good I think to spend a little extra where you know you'll get good solid caps. (hence my Gigabyte Ultra Durable trumpet blowing)

Comment

Originally posted by Rulycat View Post
                            The top end cards (GTX 570/580 and Radeon 6800 up) never use Sacons. Probably because it gets so hot on the boards. Always good I think to spend a little extra where you know you'll get good solid caps. (hence my Gigabyte Ultra Durable trumpet blowing)
                            Don't count on it.
                            eVGA (and Biostar and Jetway) have even used Sacon FZ on motherboards.

-
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                              Don't count on it.
                              eVGA (and Biostar and Jetway) have even used Sacon FZ on motherboards.
                              I've never ever seen one different from the Nvidia reference design using all polys unless it's a custom fancy one. But never seen a bad cap on those ultra high end boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rulycat View Post
                                I've never ever seen one different from the Nvidia reference design using all polys unless it's a custom fancy one. But never seen a bad cap on those ultra high end boards.
                                Those are only 'ultra high end boards' in the imaginations of the poor fools that bought them.
                                -
                                Search the forum. You'll find at least a half dozen mobo models with FZ.
                                -
                                You'll also find LOADS of eVGA + FZ video cards. - Loads..
                                Last edited by PCBONEZ; 07-31-2011, 04:08 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

Here's an Ultra High End eVGA POS mobo with LOADS of FZ issues.
                                  Even has FZ in two colors as I recall.
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8186

-

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post

You'll also find LOADS of eVGA + FZ video cards. - Loads..
                                    Especially GeForce 7 series!

GeForce 9 series isn't as likely, even though some could slip by.

9 series are more likely to have Fujitsu.
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Working...
                                    X