Thank you guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys!!

I would like to thank all the members for helping me on my first succesfull recap..
    By reading your advices here I had the pleasure of reviving a graphics card that was only able to spin its fan.I put low quality caps on it as you can see on pictures because they were available to me..
    Well you can imagine how I felt when I turn the system on and I had image on my monitor..That was all I wanted ,I didn't care about stability etc.
    I couldn't stress the card to see how it behaves because there is a known issue with the M/B (it doesn't POST)but I will write details on another thread .
    The card is a RX1950PRO.You can see in photo the caps that were replaced(5 of them)
    Attached Files

Re: Thank you guys!!

The cap on the right does not bulge. Don't throw it away until you measure it with an ESR meter, it can be a good one.

Comment

It's a Sacon FZ.
      Those are beyond just junk, they are dangerous.
      Been known to blow so hard they eject their contents.
      If those other three are FZ they should be replaced too.
      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

I didn't tell you that I first replaced three Sacons in really bad shape, nothing changed..
        Only after I replaced the other two Sacons that weren't bulged the card came back alive..

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post

If those other three are FZ they should be replaced too.
          Yes they will..

Comment

If you can, you might want to try getting RS components or doing export.Farnell.com..or something along those lines. A higher quality replacement might be beneficial to you...and it might attribute to better stability with the card. But, if this is all yo have, fine.

The other FZ has got to go since you've already had 2 die, the others are bound to burst soon too.

Comment

Working...
            X