X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Equivalent Components

Hello,

Yesterday I asked about (ST)P6NK60ZFP.

I found one on ebay but the seller asked for $45 to ship 10 of them to Malta!

I then tried to find it on other sites but no one had it.

As I was searching on the internet, I tried to cross reference the part and I found that 2SK2141 is the equivalent (Cross Reference) to my part.

How safe is it to use equivalent parts please?

Thanks

Mario

Re: Using Equivalent Components

It depends on the circuit the part is being used in, and how closely matched the two parts are.

Check the datasheets of both, see what the ratings are. If there is anything significantly different you have to analyze the circuit it's being used in to make sure the new part will not be run out of specification.

In the case of P6NK60ZFP vs 2SK2141 the datasheets seem to have the same voltage\current ratings etc, but there is one point that I can see that the P6NK60ZFP seems to have 3 Zener diodes inbuilt for ESD(?) protection, while the 2SK2141 only has a single standard diode.

If the circuit in which you are using the P6NK60ZFP requires those Zener diodes then the replacement 2SK2141 might not live long.

It's probably best however to let someone else answer this, as I am not very familiar with these kinds of parts.
    Attached Files
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The transistor will be used in a 32" LCD TV PSU.

I could`nt find the P6NK60ZFP anywhere.

Will I do any harm if I try 2SK2141 instead of P6NK60ZFP?

Also, I found that even the fuse on this psu has been fried and the big capacitor 150uf 450v bloated. What could cause this damage please?

Thanks

Mario

Comment

Could be that the mains cap went short circuit, and blew the fuse, and somehow took out that FET as well, or maybe the other way around...

The problem is you're not going to get much help as you didn't post this in the TV section (which you should have done - the FAQ section is NOT actually for new questions)

I suggest you re-post your question in the TV section or ask a moderator to move it to the TV section
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi

Thanks again for your reply.

I will start a new Thread in the TV section.

See you there

Mario

Comment

Working...
          X