bad cap in dell sx270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad cap in dell sx270

theres a bad cap ("c259") on a dell sx270 here at school (its one of those sff ones)... the cap is a rubycon 1500uf 6.3v...
    the original prob with this pc was that the ethernet wasnt working. but a different oc would nt work either, it turns out the ethernet cable was bad. so this one was put back, with a different ethernet cable. the computer is working fine (albeit a little slow with 256mb ram), and im wondering whether it matters that this cap is leaking its crap out. none of the others are bad looking, theyre mostly rubycons. this is right in the middle, between the ps and ram, near the agp solt, its theo nly one of its kind.
    since the computers working ok, does this need to be replaced?
    thnx!

Re: bad cap in dell sx270

Common problem with SX270, they like to cook it also could have been a Rubycon from a bad date range.

I swapped all of the Rubycons next to the CPU in one of my GX270 - one of them was leaking and they were in the 03 date code. Kind of rubbish considering the board was a replacement from Dell a couple of years ago.
    1800uf 6.3v Nichion HN are doing nicely.

Comment

Yeah i know these things are badly designed if they can fry rubycons

As for my original question: even if it works, should the 1 bad cap get replaced?

Comment

It's not your problem, leave it to the IT guys.
        Hopefully they might replace it with a PC with more than 256mb RAM.

Comment

Lol dude im in cahoots with the it guy. More ram is going in when he finds his box of ram

Comment

Working...
          X