Water in Nintendo DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water in Nintendo DS

I'm new to this forum, just browsing really, but with all the tech savvy... I don't understand how DI water hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

After a spill:

1: Unplug and remove battery immediately.

2: Let air-dry (a heating vent is effective).

3: Soak/agitate in deionized water for about a hour. (NOT distilled, the real DI water.. available for about $30/gallon. Read handling instructions.)

4: Let air-dry (a heating vent is effective).

5: Violla!

Using a hair dryer is a TERRIBLE idea because of the static electricity it produces. Not rinsing the board is a TERRIBLE idea because lone ions (usually calcium, magnesium, sodium) are then left to cause damage.

Ryan

Comment

Welcome to this forum, and where is deionized water available? $30/gallon is very expensive. BW, to all the other members, the DS doesn't work; haven't tried with a new battery tho.
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Originally posted by ingenio
        I don't understand how DI water hasn't been mentioned in this thread...........(NOT distilled, the real DI water.. available for about $30/gallon. Read handling instructions.)
        Good suggestion.
        The reason it has not been mentioned is more than likely availability.
        It's not the sort of thing I stock in my pantry. I look for these sorts of things when I go shopping too, so I know it's not all that common (here, anyway).

Comment

I've heard that isopropyl alcohol is also good.

Comment

I found this over at tomshardware, this is the comments some smart people left about the oil cooled pc article. They talk about nonconductive liquids and oils.

Comment

Working...
            X