Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PZ570W plasma constant red screen

Good morning members,

The screen on my brother's LG plasma from 2011 has become constant red when turned on. I´ve only checked for loose internal band cable connections and done some "knocking" with the handle of a isolated screwdriver on the boards, without any change. Before I begin a more extensive fault tracing I would like to ask you experts

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 50PZ570W plasma constant red screen

Have you tried running the test pattern.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...+control+board
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Looks like Mb failure, run the test patterns. If they are good the Mb is at fault.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thank you, I´ll try this and get back to you

Comment

Sorry for the late response.... For making this a simple fix.... Do you think a replacement of the control board will do? How big are the chances that it´s the main board that´s faulty?

It can´t really refer to any test connectors/test pattern on my control board as dick_barton suggested in the link, please see the attached photo. Can you see it?

Thanks again!
          Attached Files

Comment

Right listen, you need to test it first before replacing any part. You see the two copper pads between R51 & R52 on the control board, you need to short them out somehow. Then remove the Lvds cable going from the MB to the controller and switch the Tv on. You should get test patterns.

If the distortion is not on them the MB has failed if it is the controller is bad.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

ReeceyBurger123, you mean the large lvds-cable on the right side of the control board? No else than this one?

Comment

The big LVDS cable with the blue label on your right hand side. Disconnect it and short the 2 copper pads.
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

With shorting he means , solder/tape a wire between those pads.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                    With shorting he means , solder/tape a wire between those pads.
                    Yup, will try this and come back to you with the result

Comment

Please see the attached clip (hope it works, otherwise please tell me), I get clear screens with several different colours without distorsion, next step is to find a new motherboard I guess?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3e9scehk5..._0185.mp4?dl=0

Comment

yes main board is now required

Comment

be sure to use the EBT number of the white sticker when searching for replacement

Comment

Agree with Nole also good work keep us updated

Comment

Success! I ordered an identical replacement main board on eBay, exchanged it, and voilá - it works!

Thank you so much guys for your help! Another great TV that doesn´t have to end up trown away for hopefully a long time

Comment

Working...
                              X