Sapphire Radeon X1300 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire Radeon X1300 Pro

Got this card used and noticed that those 2 caps are starting to bulge a little...The card works fine (for now) but I'm wondering if this affects performance and how much longer it will function? The caps are G-Luxon

Caps to the left of Radeon
    Last edited by Pentium4; 09-18-2011, 11:50 PM.

Re: Sapphire Radeon X1300 Pro

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
    I'm wondering if this affects performance and how much longer it will function?
    No one can really tell you that.
    But, can tell you when they do go they may no longer be the only problem.

The caps are G-Luxon
    Series? Diameter?
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

I ordered some Panasonic caps that I hope are compatible.
      The caps are 1500uF, 6.3V and it says 608B(M) and they are rated at 105*C
      Last edited by Pentium4; 09-19-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

608B = date and/or batch code. [Guessing: that one is Aug 2006]
        (M) = tolerance for uF @ +/-20%
        Series code is two letters for G-Luxon. [Or a letter and a number but that's only one series.]
        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 09-19-2011, 12:34 PM.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

I bought some Panasonic caps that are the same uF, Voltage, Temp, and size (by mm) what are the chances that it won't work?

Comment

unlikely it won't work, if it works now

keeep running it with bad caps it could blow the mosfets or damage the gpu
            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

You need to meet or beat the ripple rating of the old caps if you want it to last.

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

do you know what series the pannies you got are? It's usually F__. You'd want FJ or FL for a graphics card. You may get away with FM, but hard to say.
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                  do you know what series the pannies you got are? It's usually F__. You'd want FJ or FL for a graphics card. You may get away with FM, but hard to say.
                  It says FL on them but I think I might have got jipped. It doesn't say Panasonic anywhere on the caps

Comment

They usually don't say because Panasonic is owned by Matsushita (or whatever the spelling is). They're panasonic if the vent on top is a T with the - like a half circle and if they have a [M] or a M in a square somewhere...

Like in this picture: http://savedonthe.net/image/1058/Pan...C_47uF_35v.jpg (colors are a bit wrong though in this one due to flash but you get the idea)

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                      They usually don't say because Panasonic is owned by Matsushita (or whatever the spelling is). They're panasonic if the vent on top is a T with the - like a half circle and if they have a [M] or a M in a square somewhere...

Like in this picture: http://savedonthe.net/image/1058/Pan...C_47uF_35v.jpg (colors are a bit wrong though in this one due to flash but you get the idea)
                      Sweet, they are just like you described! Thank you. I figured they might be fake because I got 4 of them for $2 and free shipping....darn good deal

Comment

Recapped with Panasonic FL's I know it was only 2 caps but this was my first recap!!! The cap on the right is a Rubycon so I didn't replace it. Graphics card is working like a charm!

Yay for no more G-Luxon

Comment

Sweet, they are just like you described! Thank you. I figured they might be fake because I got 4 of them for $2 and free shipping....darn good deal
                          did you get them on ebay?

(i hope not, ebay is full of fakes.)
                          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                            did you get them on ebay?

(i hope not, ebay is full of fakes.)
                            Yeah, I got them on ebay...

Comment

*glances at bag of FLs* They look genuine to me.
                              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Sweet i hope so...I have some in a bag if you want me to post them...

Comment

Working...
                                X