list of crap caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

list of crap caps?

Is there a list of known cheap/crap caps? I'm looking to recap a few boards, but aside from the rubycons that look good, I don't know what other caps were quality to begin with. Here is a list of brands found on the 2 boards that I have inspected so far:

TEAPO
    RUBYCON
    NICHICON
    G-LUXON
    JACKCON
    PETON
    TAYEH

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Eric

Re: list of crap caps?

Rubycons are good nichicons are good execpt for hm series. The rest ar ebad.

Comment

List of bad capacitors.

List of good capacitors.

Comment

Teapos are fine too, just don't expose them to extreme heat. If the cooling is good they meet their specs just fine.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
            Teapos are fine too, just don't expose them to extreme heat. If the cooling is good they meet their specs just fine.
            I personally disagree. I see lots of failed cheapo teapos.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X