Recapping K7S41GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapping K7S41GX

I recapped an ASRock K7S41GX today. Replaced all caps but the board still won't boot. It turns on alright and I got it to beep 'missing video card' once and also 'missing or bad RAM' once but the end result is always the same. Black screen, spinning fans, no workie...

Tried clearing CMOS, tried booting with every possible combination I know, no luck. Any other ideas?

SainT

Re: Recapping K7S41GX

Check the voltage of the BIOS battery. I note this is a K7 board. I have had SOYO and Gigabyte Socket A boards refuse to boot because the Bios Battery was weak.

Comment

K7S41GX's tend to corrupt their BIOS..
      hot-flash the BIOS chip on another board, put the EEPROM back into the K7S41GX and it should be fine..

Comment

also, check to make sure that you got all the flux cleaned up good under the caps, if there is flux under them, then it can cause a short and cause it to not read the hardware properly. also double check your solder joints and as what was previously started, maybe try resetting the bios to factory..

Comment

BIOS battery reads 3.1V so it should be fine. There is no flux residue, I thoroughly cleaned the solder joints with isopropyl alcohol.

Recently bought a BIOS flash programmer, this is probably my best chance to test it

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
          X