Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC LT-22DE72 only 1/3 of display shows up

Hi All,
    I'm fairly new here but since joining the forum I have fixed about 6 LCDs with new capacitors diodes and resistors. Once I did have to get a new board however.
    This time I got a JVC LT-22DE72 that only displays the upper 1/3 of the screen. I have had this problem with laptop displays in the past and commonly it was a cable that needed replaced or reseated.
    The display fully lights up when the video board to inverter board cable is unplugged. Sound and the image at the top 1/3 of the screed looks good. No obviously bad capacitors or any other burn marks on any of the boards. The display acts the same with any input source.
    I have not measured any components as of yet but I have reseated all the cables and messed with the ribbon cables to see if the display changed at all. I have also tested continuity on the cable going from the video board to the inverter board and that tested fine.
    Any other tips on testing this one? I'm a little lost right now.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Mike
    [/URL][/IMG]
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Last edited by mguzinski; 10-23-2013, 11:13 AM.

Re: JVC LT-22DE72 only 1/3 of display shows up

Can't see the pictures you have linked?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Can't see the pictures you have linked?
      Lets try the links...Can't seem to get them to use Google Drive to display them as IMG

Comment

I'm going to vote T-con board but I've never seen one do this. Strictly a guess.

Comment

I'm going to say panel personally.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Was thinking the panel issues were usually oriented vertically. Not the case I guess? Just asking for future reference.

Still learning.

Comment

Now...not sure this is relevant but when I disconnect the cable from the main A/V board the display shows completely lighted up. Would that still be the panel? I thought if it was the panel only the upper 1/3 would show lighted like it is when it has an input.
              Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt6 View Post
                Was thinking the panel issues were usually oriented vertically. Not the case I guess? Just asking for future reference.

Still learning.
                Panel issues can occur in both axes.

Comment

Panel issues can occur in both axes.
                  Ah ok. I gotcha. Just hadn't seen one that looked like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mguzinski View Post
                    Now...not sure this is relevant but when I disconnect the cable from the main A/V board the display shows completely lighted up. Would that still be the panel? I thought if it was the panel only the upper 1/3 would show lighted like it is when it has an input.
                    Thanks again...
                    All that means is that the backlight is working.

Comment

I'm going to vote T-con board but I've never seen one do this. Strictly a guess.
                      Is the t-con board the same as the main A/V board on this set. The ones I have seen before have a separate t-con board.
                      [/URL][/IMG]

Comment

Looks like its all in one on this set then. I'd go with Tom's instinct over mine. He's been around a heck of a lot longer. Wouldn't put any money in to a guess on something that size.

Comment

Looks like its all in one on this set then. I'd go with Tom's instinct over mine. He's been around a heck of a lot longer. Wouldn't put any money in to a guess on something that size.
                          That sounds like a bummer...Some times you win some times you don't. Guess I can part it out. Seems like the LCDs are in the $120 range.
                          Thanks all for your advice and insight!

Comment

Working...
                          X