P5PE-VM question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P5PE-VM question ?

anyone knows ? or have the schematic of this board ?
    I can't find the datasheet for the chip and the schematic of this board....a challange for fixing it ...

Comment

my northbridge temperature is reaching to 70 degree celcius on heatsink, is it the main problem ?
      chip = intel SL99Y

Comment

Originally posted by bianchi77 View Post
        my northbridge temperature is reaching to 70 degree celcius on heatsink, is it the main problem ?
        chip = intel SL99Y
        Yes, 70C is way too much.
        How are you measuring this temperature, though?
        Just as a check to make sure you're not measuring the temperature wrong, try to touch the heatsink. Anything above 50C should feel uncomfortably hot, and 60C or more should be enough to cause a reaction for you to pull your hand away.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          Yes, 70C is way too much.
          How are you measuring this temperature, though?
          Just as a check to make sure you're not measuring the temperature wrong, try to touch the heatsink. Anything above 50C should feel uncomfortably hot, and 60C or more should be enough to cause a reaction for you to pull your hand away.
          I measured it with my DMM temperature meter...
          I let it run few more seconds and it was nearly 100....so I pulled out the power supply just in case this chip will burn....I bought the replacement already and see what happen next...

Anyway what's the cause of faulty northbridge ?

Comment

Does anyone have the schematic of this Asus P5PE-VM ? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              Post #25. The same way you tested that crystal.
              I test mine with one of these. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-K...413364646.html
              I bought that frequency counter but I can't measure 32KHz crystal..it's showing 0 always....I tried with 20MHz and 4MHz crystal it works....what should I change ? thanks

Comment

Is it possible that my northbridge faulty ? It's integrated with VGA

Comment

Working...
                X