Dell E172 blinking power LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E172 blinking power LED

Have seen a Dell E172 next to me, the green power LED is blinking every second. (It's on maybe 10% and off 90%.) Backlight sometimes flickers in time with the LED. But otherwise dead. Seems okay in standby, glows orange continuously. Suspect bad caps, any idea on the fault for this model?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Dell E172 blinking power LED

If there is a fuse for the inverter remove it,How dose the PLED behave?
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I just saw a similar thread about this monitor, regarding the driver transistors. If I can get hold of it (and that depends if my clueless IT department doesn't just throw it in the dump) then I will see about replacing those transistors.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Have seen a Dell E172 next to me, the green power LED is blinking every second. (It's on maybe 10% and off 90%.) Backlight sometimes flickers in time with the LED. But otherwise dead. Seems okay in standby, glows orange continuously. Suspect bad caps, any idea on the fault for this model?
        bad caps
        bad solder on the inverter, especially the 4 transformers, it can cause the failure of the transistors + mosfets and they will take out the inverter pico fuse
        common failure of those benq boards
        Last edited by trebo; 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X