Samsung 920Nx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 920Nx

Another question. Which part are you calling the Mosfet? The part by itself on the heatsink? If so I looked that up and by the part number they refer to that as a Schottky Barrier Rectifier. If that is the part you are thinking of then it is cheap ($1.50)+/- and I could just replace it. Let me know if that is the part you are thinking of.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

The part I am talking about is going to be soldered to the underside of the green circuit board that's right between the 2 inverter transformers.
      It's going to be very small 8 leg IC.If we are lucky we will be able to find a data sheet with the part number, that's stamped on it.
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

There is nothing soldered on the underside of either the Power board or the VGA board. There is only one 8 legged IC on either Board. Its numbers are A81SC.
        I found the following thread about a different numbered Samsung Monitor and they are talking about the same part. I have not had time to read the whole thing yet. I also could not find a Data Sheet on this part. Maybe will get some help in ;the other Post. The power board is exactly the same and the VGA board is very similar to mine.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...?t=7219&page=3

I also found this reference to the part:
        http://www.wiisingonline.com/A81SC-S...-5167-270.html

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

After reading through the whole Thread I found someone who had a slightly different number for this part and was able to find the DataSheet online. The reference is below. Does this look like the part you were having me look for on the logic board?

It appears from reading in the Thread that this part is an EEProm and stores the settings for the monitor. I seems that it must loose its memory and because of that the monitor will not start up properly. Replacing that part seems to have worked for some who replaced it. I found a source on Ebay in the U.S. & can order (lot of 5) for $6.99 w/free shipping). If you agree that this might be the cure, I will order and replace the component There is also another Thread that I found I will read through that one and see if it has any other possibilities. After reading this Thread I understand what you were asking for in your Post #22. They have the part number and datasheet listed there. The part number is E6N03 and the Data Sheet is: 0iyfp4h4w6hglw07fq2c625ysdfy.pdf Let me know how to proceed from this point. I will check for availability of this part.
          Last edited by killian6pk; 12-17-2011, 04:06 PM. Reason: More Info

Comment

Originally posted by killian6pk View Post
            After reading through the whole Thread I found someone who had a slightly different number for this part and was able to find the DataSheet online. The reference is below. Does this look like the part you were having me look for on the logic board?

It appears from reading in the Thread that this part is an EEProm and stores the settings for the monitor. I seems that it must loose its memory and because of that the monitor will not start up properly. Replacing that part seems to have worked for some who replaced it. I found a source on Ebay in the U.S. & can order (lot of 5) for $6.99 w/free shipping). If you agree that this might be the cure, I will order and replace the component There is also another Thread that I found I will read through that one and see if it has any other possibilities.
            That could be the problem. It would be used to store user settings, etc.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ok they are cheap enough that I will order and replace. The part on the underside of that small board is $0.85 cents each at Mouser so I will order a couple of them also just in case. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X