ASUS P4C800-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS P4C800-E

Might need to keep an eye on this one. A lot of caps on the mobo, with all beeing reputable except 7 caps near the CPU that have been flagged elsewhere as potential problem makers.

7 x OST 1500uF 6.3V gold writing on blue caps (7.5mm tall ish)

Have not had the chance to power up yet but will do so in a couple of days and let you know.

They may be fine, in MY opinion (Topcat probably won't like that ) .

But, with OST being in the blacklist, I would keep an eye on the OST capacitors. Hopefully, even the OST capacitors are going to be fine, knock on wood. If the OST capacitors suddenly start bulging, then it's three strikes for those OST capacitors.

OST may have stopped using crappy electrolyte formula.

I'm posted this message, because my Asus A7V8X-X motherboard has some narrow diameter OST capacitors next to the processor, at least one OST capacitor next to the DIMM slots and OST capacitors next to the PCI slots.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The OST's are the only ones I'd be focused on. If it's an Asus, the rest are probably Rubycon, which is one of the best available. OST's have failed on many occasions...
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Working...
      X