Sony KDL32L500 LCD tv have sound but screen si black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL32L500 LCD tv have sound but screen si black

Hello friends, I'm having trouble with a Sony LCD tv, at first it showed some vertical lines but they were incomplete lines. Some started at the top solid green in color and started fading the nearer they got to the center of the screen others faded near the fourth quarter of the screen. Others looked faded in the center of the screen and hot more solid as they approached the bottom while some others crossed the screen from top to bottom. There was about four consecutive horizontal lines at the top of the screen and near the bottom half.

Well, I put it aside until recently when I took a look inside the t.v. I couldn't see any bulged or leaking caps so I tried to check the small board connected to the LCD panel.
    1- I removed the flex cable going from the board( I think it is called T control) and saw no image so...

2- I connected the flex back,this time TV was still ON. The screen turned white entirely.

3- I turned TV off and reseated the cable, turned it ON and now the screen was black.

4- I hooked up my DVD via Red,Yellow,White cables and managed to get to the input until I heard sound. Now that's the current state of my TV.

I notice the relay clicks 1-2 seconds after I plug it to the electric outlet and clicks again approx. 2 seconds after the first click. I removed the cord from the electric outlet and removed the connector going from POWER board to AV board and plugged the TV back to the outlet, there was no click at all. Also there is a series of very rapid clicks when I disconnect the TV from electricity after it has been on for a while, they sound like TRRRR.

I tested the 14- pin connector going from POWER board to AV board, connector CN6201 the readings from the connector are as follows:

I provide the name marking the pins followed by ":" then the color of the cable connected to each pin along with the reading using a digital multimeter in the 20 range of the V DC setting.
    REG 12V: TV OFF TV ON
    No cable 0. 11.89
    Black -0.00, 0.00 11.89
    BROWN 0 11.89
    RED 0. 11.89
    REG 12V GND:
    ORANGE 0 -0
    YELLOW 0 -0
    GREEN 0 -0
    UNREG 15V AU-GND:
    BLUE 0 -0
    PURPLE 0 -0
    GREY 0 16.56
    WHITE 0 16.56
    STBY 3.3V:
    BLACK 3.26~3.31 3.31
    AC DET:
    BROWN 2.81 2.79
    P ON:
    RED 0.02 2.71

I was wondering if you can help me detect what is the problem, is it coming from Power board or AV board? And then what is causing the fail in the board? I've read that if back light is on the inverter is ok so it is not the inverter. Any help would be very appreciated.
    Last edited by Mandraco; 06-19-2014, 08:41 PM. Reason: the second half was missing

Re: Sony KDL32L500 LCD tv have sound but screen si black

Badcaps clarification reply
    Well I need to clarify the list above, the readings are:
    Color of the cable, then reading with TV OFF / with TV ON

At the top there is a pin labeled "REG 12V" This one is unused, the others correspond to a cable which color I mention along with the reading for it.
    THE UNUSED PIN ALSO READS 0 / 11.89

The next are marked REG 12V
    BLACK= 0 / 11.89
    BROWN= -0, 0 / 11.89
    RED= 0 / 11.89
    The next are marked REG12V GND
    ORANGE= 0 / -0
    YELLOW= -0,0 / -0
    GREEN= 0 / -0
    The next are marked UREG 15V AU-GND
    BLUE= 0 / -0t
    PURPLE= 0 / -0
    GRAY= 0 / 16.56
    WHITE= 0 / 16.56
    The next is marked SYBY 3.3V
    BLACK= 3.26-3.31 / 3.31
    The next is marked AC DET
    BROWN= 2.81 / 2.79
    The next is marked P ON
    RED= 0.02 / 2.72
    That is a bit more readable.

Can any one help me with this, please?

Comment

Please move this post to TV section, you will get more answers there. Also post good clear pictures of the back of the TV, the boards, the connectors in question so we can see if there is any labels that indicate the pins function.
      Last edited by budm; 06-26-2014, 10:21 AM.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hello budm, thanks for the reply. I posted here because I thought it was the way to do and didn' t knew otherwise, I need some guidance about the process of moving this thread. I will add the pictures, I only got a cell phone, is there any limit to the size of the pictures?

Ohh mow I see I posted at the "announcements" section I thought I was at the "Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources" section. I have no Idea how I ended up posting here, I'm very sorry. I guess that explains a lot...
        Last edited by Mandraco; 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X