Abit VP6 using different caps than the originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abit VP6 using different caps than the originals

Okay, no new extra things have been discovered yet, cause my Rubycon MBZ caps are still having a journey across the eastern globe (of course China), so no mods available yet...

Besides this I still presume the VGA card isn't handling the AGP bust too good, but it's OC'd from 400MHz GPU to 600 ...it's cool, but maybe the MOSFETs are not, need to try it and I can hear whistling from it when running LightsMark 08' when the FPS count counts . But when I run everest stressing test every time I go to job (for 13 hours), I come home and still can see it running, but I run Painkiller, play the whole episode and it BSODs or throws Nvidia driver error. I guess the VGA is the one, not the board, but I still need to perform more tests...
    Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

Re: Abit VP6 using different caps than the originals

So just check my signature, those are the actual numbers right at the moment. The system is stable, no blimps which I thought are caused by the high AGP frequency - wrong.

The thing is it was the memory modules. I had the Tonicom 6ns PC166 installed on CAS3. I brought my PC to work and my colleague brought some dimms from his friend who is ''disposing'' of old HW at some company - and he brought some PC100 128MB modules and Kingston PC133 ECC Reg. 512MB double-sided modules... I tried the first one, forgetting it supported only a 100MHz bus and ran the CPU at its base clock, which is 133MHz - they ran quite good, good boot, ran FarCry and when exiting, it crashed - normal I guess ...

Now I tried these ECCs...Never would I think they are God's blessing - First I got them 150MHz clock - ran normally. 166MHz - did not run at the first setting, pushed reset and they ran ever since without any problem - to my biggest supprise. In anger of disbelief of my eyes, seeing ECC running out of JEDEC SDRAM specs so high, I set the number which I was not able sustain stable....now I may sound lying to you, but IT IS RUNNING!!! Right now! 171MHz!!! (deliberately 171, not 170, wanted to be the one Megahertz upper). And I have IT! STABLE ROCK SOLID!, ran stress test for 3 hours, not able to hold my happiness in me and cancelled it, FarCry started playing for another 3 hours - NO BLIMP AT ALL, no sign of instablilities.

Still planning to the peak

Actual frequency readings:

CPU - 1282.5 MHz
      FSB/RAM - 171 MHz
      AGP - 85.5 MHz
      PCI - 42.75 MHz

CPU voltage - 1.75v (default)
      VCC 3.3v - 3.6v
      FSB - 1.49v

5V & 12V should be at nominal values.
      Last edited by Shodan486; 02-01-2010, 11:45 AM.
      Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Comment

Working...
      X