• Show
Clear All

Hazardous Environment PC Case

Who makes a PC case for hazardous environments? I'm not talking
    about some million dollar HazMat approved unit but something us
    normal folks could use in our homes. I would want the case to be
    well sealed including any buttons and LED's on the front. The air
    intake at the rear should be filtered. The Optical drives should
    also be protected by some sort of gasketed glass or plastic door.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Hazardous Environment PC Case

Filters plugs up quickly. Scourge up large heatsink fins and attach to the sides of case sandwiching both heatsinks inside and outside on one panel and let convection cool the exterior fins and have one fan circulate internal air around. Must modify the PSU so it vents internally with warm air away from mainboard preferably deflected toward the heatsink.

I'm talking about 3" tall fins widely spaced and about a foot long and about half the as wide. 60" Plasma panel and PSU is kept cooled by convection even PSU is dissipating 500W and panel consuming over 400W at full white is cooled by 1/8" thick aluminum plate bonded to the glass panel.

Use surface area to do your cooling work. Industrial switches and sealed LED indicators can be sourced no problem.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Re: Hazardous Environment PC Case

Can you find one of those old IBM PCs made for explosive atmospheres and copy them?

Comment

Working...
      X