Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 225BW

Hi,
    First off the help on here is awesome. That being said I think I have a bad component on my dvi/vga board and i'm wondering if someone
    can help me figure out what.

I have a Samsung 225BW monitor. The blue power LED comes on but no images is displayed. I swapped the vga/dvi board from a working monitor and an image displays.
    None of the caps on the power supply show signs of degradation.

Here is a picture of the board in question.

Any thoughts as to what I should be looking for to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,

Jared
    Attached Files

Re: Help with 225BW

Originally posted by uhhwhat View Post
    Hi,
    First off the help on here is awesome. That being said I think I have a bad component on my dvi/vga board and i'm wondering if someone
    can help me figure out what.

I have a Samsung 225BW monitor. The blue power LED comes on but no images is displayed. I swapped the vga/dvi board from a working monitor and an image displays.
    None of the caps on the power supply show signs of degradation.

Here is a picture of the board in question.

Any thoughts as to what I should be looking for to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,

Jared
    There are a few points to check. At about 2 O'Clock is a 1084-33 LDO regulator. Check the output voltage. At about 3:00 there is a similar regulator; this is a 1.8 volt regulator. At about 8 O'clock is IC 501. What is the part number of that?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

1084-33
      If I measure PIN 3 to ground wire 2 from the PSU I show 4.99V
      If I measure from PIN 2 to PIN 1 I show 3.3V

On the 1.8 voltage regulator (it's labeled 17 - 18 0721CG)
      Pin 3 to ground wire 2 shows 3.3V I'm presuming this is voltage input from the 1084-33?
      Pin 2 to pin 1 shows 1.795V

IC501.. To make sure I have the right PN. It's the item circled in red?
      If so that PN is Ji7i 78012at4s(?) not sure about the last two digits.
      Attached Files

Comment

1084-33
        If I measure PIN 3 to ground wire 2 from the PSU I show 4.99V
        If I measure from PIN 2 to PIN 1 I show 3.3V

On the 1.8 voltage regulator (it's labeled 17 - 18 0721CG)
        Pin 3 to ground wire 2 shows 3.3V I'm presuming this is voltage input from the 1084-33?
        Pin 2 to pin 1 shows 1.795V

IC501.. To make sure I have the right PN. It's the item circled in red?
        If so that PN is Ji7i 78012at4s(?) not sure about the last two digits.
        That's the part I'm interested in. What are the voltages on the three pins?

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Pin 1 to 2 13.8V
          Pin 1 to 3 1.057V
          Pin 2 to 3 12.02V

Comment

Pin 1 to 2 13.8V
            Pin 1 to 3 1.057V
            Pin 2 to 3 12.02V
            Those numbers don't add up. Note the attached picture. Use the copper mounting pad just above it as ground. What are the voltages on pins 1, 2, and Tab?

PlainBill
            Attached Files

Comment

They are the same..
              Pin 1 to tab = 13.08V
              Pin 2 to tab = 12.02V

What should I be seeing?

Comment

They are the same..
                Pin 1 to tab = 13.08V
                Pin 2 to tab = 12.02V

What should I be seeing?
                You are seeing what I would expect. Note there was a typo in your first report. You said there was 13.8 volts in, 12.02 volts out and a difference of 1.057 volts between input and output.

PlainBill

Comment

Your right it should have been 13.08V. That being said anything else to check?

Comment

Your right it should have been 13.08V. That being said anything else to check?
                    Not really. The best option would be to find a used signal card on eBay.

PlainBill

Comment

Thanks! do you know if you can swap different model numbers within the same family?

Comment

Thanks! do you know if you can swap different model numbers within the same family?
                        I wouldn't try it.

PlainBill

Comment

I didn't word my question very well.
                          I have two power supplies. One with bad caps and one without bad caps.
                          Model IP-45130A: (Bad caps good video board)
                          States an output: 13V 1.5A for CN2 (power to the video board)

Model IP-43130B: (Good caps dead video board)
                          States Output 13V 1.3A for CN2.

The video boards have the same part number so i'm guessing the .2 amps difference in power is not a problem but thought I would ask sense there is clearly a difference between the two power units. The video boards share the same part number.

Comment

I didn't word my question very well.
                            I have two power supplies. One with bad caps and one without bad caps.
                            Model IP-45130A: (Bad caps good video board)
                            States an output: 13V 1.5A for CN2 (power to the video board)

Model IP-43130B: (Good caps dead video board)
                            States Output 13V 1.3A for CN2.

The video boards have the same part number so i'm guessing the .2 amps difference in power is not a problem but thought I would ask sense there is clearly a difference between the two power units. The video boards share the same part number.
                            You should be able to use either power supply.

The output voltage is a set value - don't use a 12V supply and hope it will sense that the load requires 15V.

The output current is a maximum value - the power supply will supply up to 1.5A while maintaining 13V output. It will also maintain 13 V output while supplying 1.2, 1.0, and even .1 amps.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                            X