failed samsung plasma panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed samsung plasma panel?

Just wondered if anyone can help, ive got a 51" samsung ps51d550c thats faulty
    no picture or sound led light flashes, looked inside no blown caps but found a short on one of the chips on the buffer board and im assuming the y sus board has gone as well,the logic board led flashes every 6 seconds which seems to confirm a bad y sus board , if i remove the power cable from the power board to the y sus no difference if i remove the ribbon from logic board the led flashes every second and the screen starts buzzing like its trying to power up. After all that my main question is, when i tried to order the b y sus and buffer board from a lcd parts company i was told that the plasma panel on my series of tv will be defiantly have failed and will short the new buffer board and y sus, so if i replace with good boards it will do the same, is this true and if so is their anyway i can find out if the panel is bad or not before buying new boards?

Re: failed samsung plasma panel?

Is the panel cracked, even slightly?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

not that i can see no

Comment

If you have the tools, you can try removing just that IC. The TV should power up with a partial picture. This will confirm the panel is intact (small cracks may allow the panel to work, so you should still check carefully, including right on the edges.) If no cracks & pic works, then I'd try replacing the board. Sometimes, the buffer ICs do fail for no apparent cause.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks ill remove the ic and see what happens, can a screen thats crack free blow a buffer board or a y sus?

Comment

just had a close look with a torch and their is a hairline crack on the screen thank you for the help im abit gutted but you've save me time and money!!

Comment

Darn - if anything is bringing these D-series Samsung panels down, it's cracks on the screen. Not sure what's causing them to crack, suspect it's some kind of thermal failure. It doesn't appear to be physical damage, at least.

Comment

Working...
              X