Wharfedale LTF42K1CB Screen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wharfedale LTF42K1CB Screen problem

Hi, i have a wharfedale LTF42K1CB LCD tv, it's powering up fine after a power board replacement but now i can turn it on i've noticed some strange drip like markings at the top of the screen, thay seem to grow slightly as the tv warms.
    After removing the plastic casing from the front i notice there are some tiny squares along the top edge (about six of them) on a copper strip around the screen, the drip markings seem to come from these.
    They are almost unnoticeable on light picture, on black they show as white outlines of the drips and on mid green's red's etc they appear dark, i've put a picture on if this is any help but it's quite hard to take a photo of, thanks in advance if anyone knows what they are or if they can be fixed
    Attached Files

Re: Wharfedale LTF42K1CB Screen problem

Seen these before on other panels, Though can't remember what exactly was the cause but sure remember they are a panel fault

Comment

Thanks for the reply (newtothis). I managed to get the front glass panel off the tv, i thought it might be fault with the back light or polarizing film but these seem fine. Its definitely the front glass panel (LCD part), seems like its splitting apart or something.

Comment

If you check where the faults are they probably coincide with the screws that clamp the frame together

Comment

Working...
        X