Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very ugly capacitors... or fake? (Panasonic FR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very ugly capacitors... or fake? (Panasonic FR)

really? I would figure there would be a greater difference between lytics and polys
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
      really? I would figure there would be a greater difference between lytics and polys
      Not sure what you are commenting on.
      Greater difference in what respect?
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
        CH and TW brands will still be around.

I don't see Suncon dropping out soon. [Formerly aka Sanyo.]
        Panny and Nichicon aren't droppong out afaik.
        So in 10 years time we'll all be recapping with Teapo?

Comment

I have done it already at some power supplies

Comment

Actually there's another good brand w/Low ESR caps but I've never seen them for sale.

Illinois Capacitor...

Their JZM series has ESR/Ripple in between MBZ and MCZ.
            Their KXM series has ESR/Ripple comparible to ZL, WX, KZE
            They have two series with specs down around the LXY, LZY range too,,,
            ,,, those are KBM and RZM.

It's possible they are ugly like FR too! Woo Hoo!

Their data sheets are a PITA to read because they don't sort the list by voltage..
            Attached Files

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

PCBONEZ - you have a tendency to discover treasure often...

I actually emailed NIC Components' Montreal Office to try and source their low ESR stuff, I didn't get an aswer (Typical lazy Frenchmen). I should try to get in touch with Illinois, to see if I can get my hands on their old stock of these series, if they have any that is. (I have a feeling that they probably only did very short production runs of these series).
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Those are current series, I just never see anyone stocking them.

With all of Japan's problems IC might end up with a bigger chunk of the market and these caps just might start showing up in places.
                Last edited by PCBONEZ; 04-17-2011, 05:43 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  PCBONEZ - you have a tendency to discover treasure often...

I actually emailed NIC Components' Montreal Office to try and source their low ESR stuff, I didn't get an aswer (Typical lazy Frenchmen). I should try to get in touch with Illinois, to see if I can get my hands on their old stock of these series, if they have any that is. (I have a feeling that they probably only did very short production runs of these series).
                  The factory sales reps [I think] get paid in part on commission so if you aren't placing a large order [or just get lucky and ping one having a slow day] they will just point you to some other company that buys from them in bulk.
                  I hadn't thought about buying old stock direct though.
                  If they don't have some arrangement with a liquidator that might work.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

I purchased some of those Illinois Capacitors from Farnell once, not Low ESR though.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

The series I mentioned are low ESR.

IC makes good caps, just not many of the low ESR types.
                      IC caps often show up in better brands of test equipment. [BK, Fluke]

-

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      -

Comment

Yeah I know, I just meant that I bought the general purpose ones, I wasn't looking for Low ESR at the time.

But if Fluke uses them, then I am happy I bought them
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

LZY is a typo, meant LXZ.

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

Old thread but just wanted to comment on something. First, the IC capacitors are an old brand, they were used a lot in the 70s, AFAIK they got re-issued or they gave them a major bump back into commercial business. They are good and cheap capacitors, im into audio and these caps were used a lot in audio.

Most of you guys are thinking that electrolytics will be extinct because you are only looking at them from the computer motherboard perspective, there are a lot of different industries which require electrloytics, for instance, pro audio.

Pro-audio, specially pro-audio enthusiasts like vintage gear, etc.. Audio is NOT the same without electrolytics, sure, polypropilene caps, or polyester film caps may sound better in some cases, (havent really tried polymer in audio) but in audio is not uncommon to see stuff like 1000uf or 2200uf at 63V low impedance cap, aand i have yet to see a polymer that big.

So in short, dont worry, Low-esr capacitors will still be around...
                            Last edited by Ssound; 08-09-2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X