Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell e173FPF Caps?

Hello All,

I recently acquired a Dell e173FPf. Board number 790271200800 (4 lamp connections). It appears that someone hacked they're way into it and then did a half-ass repair! I've seen other posts about this monitor and board but no really good photos of this board. Does anyone out there have one of these boards and can tell me ALL the cap numbers with there proper uf and voltage? It would be awesome if ya do. That way I could double check and see if the right caps are in there correct place and values.

Thanks Again,
    lcdman

Re: Dell e173FPF Caps?

Originally posted by lcdman View Post
    Hello All,

I recently acquired a Dell e173FPf. Board number 790271200800 (4 lamp connections). It appears that someone hacked they're way into it and then did a half-ass repair! I've seen other posts about this monitor and board but no really good photos of this board. Does anyone out there have one of these boards and can tell me ALL the cap numbers with there proper uf and voltage? It would be awesome if ya do. That way I could double check and see if the right caps are in there correct place and values.

Thanks Again,
    lcdman
    I assume you mean the electrolytics only??,so here goes...
    C6..220uF..25v
    C26and C859..as above
    C4 and C25..47uF..16v
    C857...10uF...50v
    C864 and C869...470uF..25v
    C862...1000uF..25v
    C871..680uF..16v
    All the other small caps except C506...47uF..16v
    C506...4.7uF...16v

hope that helps

Comment

Hello Mr. Rtech,

Thanks for your help once again! Your list revealed some errors that the previous HACK had made. Just have to test the SMD transistors now. You wouldn't happen to have a list of all of them and there values? If not maybe one of the other fellas on this site might. My 2.4mm X 348mm CCFLs came today so maybe I can get some of the other "e" 17" Dells up and running finally.

Happy New Year To All,
      lcdman

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
        I assume you mean the electrolytics only??,so here goes...
        C6..220uF..25v
        C26and C859..as above
        C4 and C25..47uF..16v
        C857...10uF...50v
        C864 and C869...470uF..25v
        C862...1000uF..25v
        C871..680uF..16v
        All the other small caps except C506...47uF..16v
        C506...4.7uF...16v

hope that helps
        I am jumping into this post with a problem. My monitor died, no backlight but you can still see the image on the screen and I have the exact same board and looking at my caps C869 is 470uf but not 25v, it is 16v. Could this be the source of my problem?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jassink View Post
          My monitor died, no backlight but you can still see the image on the screen
          Please post a clear focused picture of your board using the manage attachments feature. Do not post inline.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to make revisions on the board and keep the same model number.
          Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM. Reason: edit: comments re wrong monitor
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by jassink View Post
            I am jumping into this post with a problem. My monitor died, no backlight but you can still see the image on the screen and I have the exact same board and looking at my caps C869 is 470uf but not 25v, it is 16v. Could this be the source of my problem?

Thanks
            It shouldn't be, the voltage on the capacitors is close enough where it shouldn't make a difference. With that being said, the capacitor still could be bad. Check to see if it's bulging at all.

Comment

Here are the pics
              Attached Files

Comment

FIXED!!!

I replaced the caps at C6 and C26 and now it works...they didn't look bad but found info in another post.

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats on your fix! That's the tricky thing with capacitors, even though they look fine, they could be dry inside. That's why I'm tempted to save up and get one of those meters where you can check them while they're still intacted on the board.

Comment

Thanks jassink, that post helped me fix one!

Comment

Just wanted to add that I fixed one of these displays by reseating the MPU chip in it's socket. The chip can be pushed down too far. There is a plastic spacer in the bottom of the socket to prevent this but it may be too thin. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

My Dell e173FPf with a similar problem, the capacitors looks just fine, is there a way i can determine if they are dry inside?

Comment

Working...
                        X