X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woxter W1012WXT i-Cube 775 Faulty - will not play videos

Hi guys

Any thoughts on this one? This i-Cube 775 has an interesting fault

I didn't have a very good fault description and at first I thought it was OK. If I connect it via a USB lead to my PC, it is recognised and I can browse video files on the hard drive. I can play these files on my PC, either directly from the Woxter via USB or by copying to my PC first.

I took another known good video file from my PC and transfered that to the Woxter OK.

I also took one video file from the Woxter and one form my PC and wrote those to a USB stick.

Now with the Woxter connected to a TV via Composite video leads that were with it, I can see that it powers up, boots up with the remote and I can see the video files on the Local Hard Drive and also on the USB stick. But if I try to play any of the files I get a grey 'Play' icon on the top of the screen towards the left for several seconds but nothing plays, then there is a little click (the HDD resetting?) and the whole thing reboots. This happens with original files that were already on the HDD and the known good one I wrote to it. Same applies from the USB stick.

I also tried a HDMI lead to the TV out of interest but that does the same thing.

I decided to start with the power supply. The supplied power pack is the correct one, 12V 2.0A and it is supplying 12V. Looking around the NTP101 chip I see three chokes and three electrolytics. (see last pic)

I read 3.314V on the top on C33, 1.407V on the middle one (C40 red marking) and 2.618V on the bottom one C43

Also of course I have 12V and 5V on the HDD power connector. The 3.314V seems reasonable, I'm not sure about the other two.

The heatsink on the big chip is slightly offset at an angle and seems to be stuck on with some sort of sticky pat. I can rotate it slightly if I move it with my fingers.

That's about as far as I can get at the moment - what to check next?

Cheers
    Rich
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dicky96; 04-24-2017, 04:50 AM.
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos
Working...
X