Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung TV LE32M87BD image issue, turns off by itself, works perfectly after warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung TV LE32M87BD image issue, turns off by itself, works perfectly after warm

Are you losing ON/OFF voltage as it cycles?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Re: Samsung TV LE32M87BD image issue, turns off by itself, works perfectly after warm

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Are you losing ON/OFF voltage as it cycles?
      Yes, it goes to 0V for one-two seconds because tv powers off, and once it starts voltage goes to 3.41V right away.

Comment

I just did an eeprom reset now but no result.

Comment

New update:

I tried cooling down mainly the main board with a manual fan xD (FML) and I can get the tv on.

Now, without stopping, DTV mode image is perfect, no lines, BUT I can't find any channel, it tells me to check the antenna conexion. In RGB mode, the color pumping remains, and in AV mode image is perfect as always.

Under the shield T5 labelled there are two chips with a sticky liguid and a square thing on top to refrigerate. Could it be a problem there?

I don't know, Ill try to get a fan from a pc and narrow the problem down a little bit more later.

Edit: I've attached some pictures, one half of a chip is dry
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leplus; 04-22-2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

That board is a mess. Were the heat pads gone for those chips?

Comment

That board is a mess. Were the heat pads gone for those chips?
              Those pads are on top of both chips (red circles in picture 1) touching all the time, they always were there, and the shield can't go any deeper, it's in its position already so I guess the pads are touching the chips.

Comment

If this was my tv i would probably try to source a replacement mainboard as faults are hard to locate on any mainboard.

Comment

Well, I bought a usb fan but I still can't keep the tv on all the time, or it's not relevant the temperature, i don't know.

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                  If this was my tv i would probably try to source a replacement mainboard as faults are hard to locate on any mainboard.
                  Yep, there are a couple on ebay around £35 + shipping but I want to be 100% sure that it's the main board and don't waste money.

Comment

32" hard to justify spending to much on it.

Comment

Is there any way of turn the tv on with the mainboard disconnected? Like shorting some pins or anything, and check if the tv stays on only with the psu

Comment

You can force psu and backlights on

Comment

You can force psu and backlights on
                          How could I do that? Because as soon as I disconnect the mainboard, the led goes off and tv doesn't power up.

Update.

Now with the usb fan pointing to the shield area (removed) tv stays on again, i wasn't able last night. But as soon as I take the fan away the cycle begins, it doesn't admit any temperature.

Also, in dtv mode, when pressing one or two chips on the shield area, I can get the no signal image properly, because sometimes it freezes before the reboot. But in RGB the color pumping issue remains.

I will end up ordering the board anyway so we can voodoo this one looking for a solution XD. I'm opened to oven methods also if required xDDD

Comment

I think You need to re-ball the BGA chips

Comment

Originally posted by timoaito View Post
                              I think You need to re-ball the BGA chips
                              Yep, I'm also thinking about this solution, but obviously I prefer to get a board for that money.

Now I have a fan pointing to the shield (I can keep it) but in fact after several trials I think the critical point is the chip in the red circle: IC3101 IC-DECODER;STI5105,PBGA,324P,23x23mm,PLA

So, that is the final stage I think, with the usb fan like in the second pic:
                              - DTV mode no signal from the antenna
                              - Ext 1 (RGB), perfect image
                              - Ext 2 (AV), image pumping the colors
                              - HDMI 1, a bit cut at the bottom
                              - HDMI 2, perfect

Now I'm looking for buying a cheap pc fan and put it inside, more quiet, because the chinese one that I have now is like a drone in a room.

Is it possible to take the power from any point of the tv without stressing or anything (12DCV)?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Update.

Well, this is the final stage for this board. In the picture I'm showing the pc fan that I put on top of the shield, so now the tv stays on and I can watch ext 1/2 and hdmi. DTV is not possible.

I think I'll get a new board soon but for now, this is ok.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X