MAG Inoovision LT716S Model 700P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAG Inoovision LT716S Model 700P

I just opened a MAG Innovision LT716S that does not power up. The power board is another typical case of 'bad caps' bulged and 'oozing on top', as shown in the pictures. These caps are all on the secondary side of the power supply: seven Xunda capacitors, including six 470micF/25V/105deg and one 220micF/25V/105deg. Failures of the components have taken out the two fuses on the primary [in-line with the mains VAC wires] and secondary sides.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vince88; 04-18-2008, 01:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: MAG Inoovision LT716S Model 700P

First, check all pins on the bridge rectifier and MOSFETs on the primary side for any internal shorts with a multimeter.
    If OK, replace all electrolytic capacitors with Nippon Chemi-Con KY Series, with the 400V/450V unit being replaced with a Nippon Chemi-Con KMG Series unit.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I had time today to look again at the power board [1] the primary & secondary fuses tested OK when I used a sharp probe to get through the oxide [2] primary rectifier and both secondary Schottky dual-diodes [one dual common-cathode for the +5VDC and one dual for the +12VDC] tested OK with a multimeter on 'diode test' settings. I then recapped with capacitors bought at HSC in Sunnyvale: six 470mF/25VDC/105deg and one 330mF/25VDC, see enclosed photo. Note on the photo that the output pins of the power board are clearly marked +5VDC, +12VDC, GND, BRI, LPON.
      The LCD now is fully functional.
      Attached Files

Comment

I had the same problem with a MAG LT716s, I replaced the capacitors, The seven mentioned above and now the monitor works but, it only stays on for 30 seconds or so. I'm not sure what is wrong now but, I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by timothypeacy
          I had the same problem with a MAG LT716s, I replaced the capacitors, The seven mentioned above and now the monitor works but, it only stays on for 30 seconds or so. I'm not sure what is wrong now but, I'll let you know when I figure it out.
          Welcome to the forums
          Please give some more info on what you did:
          • What caps did you remove (brand/series)?
          • What caps did you install (again, brand/series)?
          • It shuts down only the backlight or all the unit shuts down?
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Interesting, had a similar problem with a PrOview 700P (same thing?) with a very similar power supply unit. It powered up initially for ~10 seconds, and thereafter would only flash the power light (it was struggling to stay "on.")

The seven Xunda's were popped, fuses and everything else looked good, so recapped and reassembled, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Badcappy
              Interesting, had a similar problem with a PrOview 700P (same thing?) with a very similar power supply unit. It powered up initially for ~10 seconds, and thereafter would only flash the power light (it was struggling to stay "on.")

The seven Xunda's were popped, fuses and everything else looked good, so recapped and reassembled, works great.
              Proview 700P, KDS 700P, MAG 700P, all the same ugly beast as long as they are "whatever" 700P
              There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
              • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
              • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
              • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
              • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
              • Windows 10 Pro x64
              • GeForce GT1050
                2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

First of all...
                Hello.

timothypeacy said:

Me too!
                My MAG LT716s was in my closet for almost ummmh... im not sure... a long time... in this new year cleanup i found it and i felt nostalgic then
                i recapped the damn power supply and it worked!...
                For a few minutes at least, now i turn it on and the light in the lcd goes away inmedeately... well in 1 second.
                i can see the image but no backlight at all... i was wondering... should i threw it away? kick the capacitors out of the #$%&# thing ? or sacrifice a virgin in the name of the gods of the valhalla to make it work?

PD: thanks for the help in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Its not just those caps that fail,but also C10 and C11, next to each of the Inverter transformers.Measuring ESR in circuit,shows they look ok,BUT as they are across the transformers,this confuses the issue,and they usually fail on ESR testing when out of circuit.

Comment

Working...
                  X