X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! I am Bogdan from Romania
    My old q-tech 360w psu is down and I hope to fix it.

Comment

Howdy All! New to the forum and new to fixing board level stuff. Fixed a Dell E510 system with three bad caps and hoped to do same with XPS 410 mobo with 6 bad caps. Replaced them all and still get the flashing amber light...

Worked for Tellabs back in early 80's then decided to join USAF. 24 years later I figured it was time to quit and now work for US gov. Been working with/on computers since 1987 but mostly confined to replace and not repair. Folks are wanting to hang on to their old systems so now I have an opportunity to play a bit. Ran across this site while researching additional help on problem system above. Hope to use frequently for research and maybe help someone with my limited knowledge.

Comment

Hello all, From Michigan

Just found your site while searching for info on CCFL Tester LCD Laptop Screen Repair and there is a lot of great info here. Glad I found you and I will be doing a lot of reading when I have the time.

Comment

Hello all. I've just acquired a 32" Viewsonic. Not working but free. Removed the caps today. I work for an electronics company so hopefully I'll be able to find replacements in the Cap box. If not RS or Farnell...
          When testing the secondary output from the power supply, I discovered that resting on the primary side isn't a good idea. Ouch! :-0

Comment

Hello, My name is Don. Iam and old retired heavy duty truck mechanic, but my hobby is anything electronic.

Comment

Hello... happy to be apart of this forum. I don't know how posting one message eliminates spam but never the less I'll say hello. I'm involved in aircraft electronics and before the 90's had every computer video game imaginable.

Comment

Hello... I'm the bees knees, activate me please. After trying for a while to send a PM to a member, I finally read the README! post at the top of the forum and realized that I'd need to make a post first. I've been reading posts on this forum for years, but never posted before. So, after writing a simple "Hello" post, things still didn't work. Then I realized that I'd need to wait for manual activation, so I decided to edit this post to avoid getting flagged as a spammer.

Hello to the admin here, I recognize you from 3zc!
                Last edited by bosskong; 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hi All, been looking at your posts for some time and thought it was about time i joined. i run a laptop repair business from home and spend far too much of that playing COD lol.

Comment

Hey guys,

My names Bob. I'm from Los Angeles, CA and am an Electrical and Computer Engineer.

I enjoy destroying, repairing, and building things.

Comment

Newby here. And I already love this forum; cause I found a hint for a problem I have (had?!?) with a VP171b monitor. Will follow this forum. Good work boys & girls!!
                      Cheers from The Netherlands. greez Clubman

Comment

Hello to All,
                        I'm new to this forum. My name is Randy I'm 46 years old and have been working with board level electronics repair for most of my life. I try to learn something new every day and usually do. I learned a long time ago nobody knows everything. I look forward to sharing my info and experiences with everyone.

Comment

hello!
                          thanks !
                          amirbassim

Comment

sorry, my english is very bad!
                            but, if can I write frensh, or spanish without problem
                            so, in arabaic too!

Comment

Hi from Australia, where capacitors hang from the ceiling!

I haven't been into soldering until recently, mainly when I came across a digital set top box in the hard rubbish which didn't want to stay on. After swapping out four bulged R&C brand caps, the box started working immediately! After the successful repair, it got me hooked on salvaging and recapping older/discarded hardware.

What got me registered however was the fact that I was reading about bad caps (including about the "quality" of Teapo in one topic) right here on these forums, and the following day the PC refused to turn on, only for me to find half a dozen bloated Teapo caps in the power supply!

Comment

Hey folks!
                                My name is Bruce and as my handle implies I'm a carpenter by trade. I'm at the half century mark and at the point in life where rust is a problem, mind and body, if it isn't used it rusts....
                                To avoid rusting away I've found hobbies are a wonderful lubricant. I have always been interested in electronics in different forms from building a mechanical strobe light as a youth to modding PCs today. I can assemble, cool (water) and overclock my PC as most is all plug and play but I have very little knowledge of the inner workings of many of today's toys so that is what brings me here.
                                My first PC was a packard bell in '95 that I paid too much for in the hopes of future-proofing,

one year later it was unable to keep up with the new software...

thanks for having me

Comment

Hi,
                                  I am Sorin from RO, I am glad to be here, yours site is a mine of gold.
                                  Thanks and have nice day!

Comment

Hi all,

Another new member here.

My name is Steve and Im in good old blighty!

Im quite well involved in some retro computers at the moment and learning more and more about the issues with aged capacitors and all.

Glad I found the site, it looks quite informative and helpful.

Comment

Hi to All members!

My name is John. I have a motherboard that stopped working one day. It could be a case for badcaps.net. It is an Abit AN9-32x Fatal1ty. When I read that it was an Abit board that got badcaps.net started... I grew hopeful. Then I started looking at the board. It has already got alot of Rubycon caps. It has eleven caps that don't have a company name on them. They are all 25V 1000uf caps that have a KY on the side. I guess that is a rating. How do I tell what company they are made by?

Oh well, I guess I better ask that in the regular forum.
                                      I hope to learn alot here.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello. I am a newbie here looking for whatever electronics assistance i can find as needed. I have been in electronics for 40 years from vaccum tubes to surface mount 0402 components. I have extensive experience working under a stereo microscope and really enjoy making the dead devices live again. I started with aircraft radios, then to TV and CCTV, and then on to CRT monitors. Now I do whatever breaks. Currently working on a Viewsonic VX1932wm Monitor. The backlight goes out after a short time on. I have already repaired the main power supply and am now on to the CCFL controller circuits.
                                        Thanks fo rhaving me. Now on to the information.

Comment

Hello from Sunny Texas

Hi,
                                          I am new here ,I got a Samsung 305T Plus monitor CHEAP, yea it was in the dumpster,Anyway I was researching it down and was referred here,so I joined!
                                          I have been tearing and fixing anything I could from a early age, toasters,drills mixers,Tube radio,diode radios and tv's Mom would get a little stress when I would take the tubes out and head up to the local pharmacy to test them,A new tube and you were back in business in those days,lol.
                                          Now I build almost anything I want ,car engine management circuits and of course balanced stereo's with dacs and fet's and I got some nice 6 ft speaker cabinets ,at least my neighbors bring their own music when they come,It's better than them running me out of the neighborhood,lol.
                                          I have built most of my test equipment,some bought too! I like my sencore Z meter 2 couldn't do with out it,So here I am ........Lol. Cheers
                                          Sincerly,
                                          Gene

Comment

Working...
                                          X