X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 226BW

Thanks again

No, I hear nothing like what you mention:

"noise between the On and then OFF , like a hiss, or a red/pink hue in the screen?"

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by RATTLERMAN View Post
      EGuevarae

Thank you for reading!
      My screen does the same things as it did before I replaced all the caps as described in this thread.

When connected to [power] and a video source, I see blue surround light at power button in the bezel, and all online images on the LCD, EVERYTHING, for about 2 seconds, and then it goes black.

I can also hit the [MENU] button and see the MENU for a brief time, but this does not repeat.
      I am not sure if I do that before replacing the caps.

I see the [analog/digital] display upper left for a few seconds, then black.
      This also does not repeat, unless I power down, and up again.

Thanks again!
      No sound or pink hue?
      If you connect it to a video signal, you should be able to see the screen (dimmed) when the lamps go out by using a flashlight. If you can't, besides the inverter/backlights we have another problem.
      I was checking my notes and I had changed lots (lots...) of lamps on that model because one dies...I assume you don't have another unit to use the lamps to test, right?
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by RATTLERMAN View Post
        Here are the spec sheet numbers on the Beckman:
        That meter is just fine.
        Looks like a pretty good one in fact.
        Do put in a fresh battery if it's been sitting so the readings aren't off.
        I'm more of a motherboard guy and EGuevarae is more of a screen guy so since you are past the caps change I'm going to let EGuevarae take the lead and I'll just sort of lurk and play side-kick.
        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by EGuevarae View Post
          No sound or pink hue?
          If you connect it to a video signal, you should be able to see the screen (dimmed) when the lamps go out by using a flashlight. If you can't, besides the inverter/backlights we have another problem.
          I was checking my notes and I had changed lots (lots...) of lamps on that model because one dies...I assume you don't have another unit to use the lamps to test, right?

Hello EGuevarae

Yes, the image is normal for about 2 seconds, and after that I can see it very dimly using a flashlight.
          I have a small Sony model SDM-X52 that works fine.
          Could I test with that one?

Thanks!

Another thing.
          I think that the dim backround image was a little easier to see before I replaced all the caps.
          I think that I could just barely see light and dark areas without using the flashlight.
          Now I need the flashlight for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X