Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus VK193S Backlight problem.

Hi everyone!

I have asus vk 193s monitor. when i open the monitor , monitor's light closing after 5 seconds. shun looking i can see the there is imagine. but light does not lighting. if i restart the monitor does lighting 5 seconds. i examineted card. measure capacitors , they are working. i have changed marked points in picture. my problem is continues to. I could not find a guide on internet.

Yes, gentlemen! What would you recommend me to do.

Last edited by BenCesur; 12-03-2011, 06:00 AM.

Re: Asus VK193S Backlight problem.

1. Please do not post pictures inline. Instead, use 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

2. You have 'Two seconds to black'. Retiredcaps tells how to troubleshoot it in this thread.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      1. Please do not post pictures inline. Instead, use 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

2. You have 'Two seconds to black'. Retiredcaps tells how to troubleshoot it in this thread.

PlainBill

Ok Bill . Thanks.

I have read that topic. But I could not find a solution.
      Last edited by BenCesur; 12-03-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCesur View Post

Ok Bill . Thanks.

I have read that topic. But I could not find a solution.
        What tests have you performed? Did you check the resistances of the transformer secondaries? Substitute known good CCFLs?

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

The same problem was due to a monitor. The problem as described above. Capacitors for the other elements are also clean clean. But the image disappears after 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCesur View Post
            The same problem was due to a monitor. The problem as described above. Capacitors for the other elements are also clean clean. But the image disappears after 5 seconds.
            The problem described is referred to as "2 seconds to black." Troubleshoot as 2 seconds to black. Various causes possible: bad caps, shorted transistors, open fuses, bad transformer, bad ccfl (bulb or wiring), etc.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

PlainBill was asking what tests in that thread you had performed and what, if any, were the results.

FYI, capacitors can fail without any visible signs.

Comment

Originally posted by jayoung View Post
              The problem described is referred to as "2 seconds to black." Troubleshoot as 2 seconds to black. Various causes possible: bad caps, shorted transistors, open fuses, bad transformer, bad ccfl (bulb or wiring), etc.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

PlainBill was asking what tests in that thread you had performed and what, if any, were the results.

FYI, capacitors can fail without any visible signs.

HKC-LCDMT19C moment in my hand monitor. Two flat-panel display monitor controller has the Realtek.

And so far the problem of 2 seconds for the first time I saw this on two monitors.

Had written in some forums that this problem caused by high current.

Comment

Working...
              X