Samsumg UE46B7000WW No picture but sound issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsumg UE46B7000WW No picture but sound issue

I got a UE46B7000WW, when I switch it on, only shows white screen, some black vertical lines on the left side of the bottom of the screen until the middle of the screen and about 10cm in width.
    Dismantle it, I have found that the ribbon cable from the tcon to the panel was scorched, blackened pins and at the Left side had a hole. See photo (the back side had blackened pin)
    I Changed the two ribbon cables , but now I only have a black image and nothing else, the backlight is on, I have connect at the HDMI input; An external decoder and it gives me only sound, the picture is black (backlight is on).
    Than I also noted that the tcon has a burnt chip. .
    So far so good, my point is that the binding of ribbon cable to the panel has blown, try cleaning it, but as shown in the photo, it doesn't look good...
    Now I do not know if it has burned and nothing else on the pcbs of the panel, I don't like the looks of the smd capacitor c18 as shown in photo. Are those pcbs replaceable?
    Is there a way to see if the panels works without tcon?
    I am trying to find out if its worth the repair, or the panel is off..
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsumg UE46B7000WW No picture but sound issue

Ok firstly driver boards are part of the panel and cannot be replaced.

I am not sure what would of caused that other than liquid or misalignment of the connectors.

I am not sure what to say to be honest, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole?
    Last edited by newtothis; 04-25-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I really don't know, my hypothesis is that a power surge , burned the tcon out, and then pass wrong current to the panel.
      Do you think that the panel boards are dammaged?
      The question is , is the panel ok or its gone?Is there a way to test it?

Comment

is there a way to find the model or the serial of the panel?

Comment

Yes there will be a sticker on the back of the panel on the chassis

Comment

Is there a way to test the panel without replacing the tcon?

Comment

Ah - are the stand screw holes in approx that area?
              Samsung had an issue where people were using stand bolts too long and they dug into the ribbon cables, causing damage.
              There's no easy way to test the panel without replacing the boards sadly.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No the stand bolts are ok,
                The tcon is damaged for sure, i am not able to see if the repair is worth it or not

Comment

I am finding varius tcons V460H1 on the web like this
                  http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...8.4.170.EPOlvF

but i am confused, is it the right one?

Comment

The ribbon cable to the screen looks very much like liquid damage to me, this has caused electrolysis and eaten, burnt and shorted out your contacts.

Comment

If that's the case, the panel could also be damaged so check the tab bonds for corrosion.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

the tab bond at the picture looks ok..isnt it?

Comment

Look at the third picture, top left, very much eaten contacts, if it's not liquid damage and some other cause, then either way that screen is never going to work again, there's just too much damage.
                          Last edited by Dang; 04-28-2015, 02:00 AM.

Comment

maybe restoring them using anisotropic paste?not woth a try?

Comment

I don't know, if you want to try it as an experiment then go ahead but it really does look past it, it might just end up being money wasted, good luck though.

Comment

thanks

Comment

I did not see that damage before - definitely bad panel due to water. Shame.

Comment

the owner says that there wasn't any contact with liquids, one day just happened
                                    are the tab bonds replaceable?
                                    Last edited by papazaf; 04-28-2015, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by papazaf View Post
                                      the owner says that there wasn't any contact with liquids, one day just happened
                                      People lie. All the time.

Comment

Yes as I said in my first post... Other than liquid or misaligned connections. I wouldn't even attempt to fix it... I 100% say you will not get it to work

Comment

Working...
                                        X