Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proview loud humming/buzzing sound

Originally posted by gorr35 View Post
    if the proplem is bad caps then there are no physical signs of it.
    Yes there is.
    It's the brand name marked on the side of the cap.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

So I took a break from my other projects and decided to go back to this tv as it was my primary television....as I was getting ready to take some readings, I pulled the connector going from the power supply to the mainboard and I find a scorch mark at the (V1) standby pin and again on the connection cable. Rather than doing a multimeter test....my first thought was "Don't plug it back in!" I removed the board and did a thorough inspection and could not find anything else burned and the underside of the connector showed no burns. This explains why it went from vertical lines to suddenly no power at all! What would cause this connector to overload/burn? Is the power supply shot?
      Attached Files

Comment

Probably not the power supply, but either something connected to it is drawing a lot more power than it should, or the pin was making intermittent contact and causing high resistance -> heat generation.

Comment

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
          Probably not the power supply, but either something connected to it is drawing a lot more power than it should, or the pin was making intermittent contact and causing high resistance -> heat generation.
          Suggestions?

Comment

Working...
          X