Vizio e550i-b2 distorted picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio e550i-b2 distorted picture

I have a vizio e550i-b2 that randomly distorts the picture. It had the classic broke solder joints that have been repaired. This did not change the distortion. The Vizio logo always comes on fine. Then it changes to lines across the screen. I have tried 2 power supplies, 2 inverter boards, 3 inputs and two t-cons. The only thing left is the screen. I have tried to move every cable but nothing consistently changes the screen. if i have a bad screen why does the logo work every time? I have not read about bad screens on this model and was wondering if someone else could confirm.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio e550i-b2 distorted picture

With the T-con being at the bottom of the screen its usually water/cleaning fluid damage to the board that is attached to the lcd panel, give it look

Comment

Make sure I understand. The boards along the bottom of the screen? t-con is behind the steel panel by the stand.

Comment

its was a bit of a "mis-spoke"... but related... as some people think that spraying a little water / cleaner on the screen will do no harm. It doesn't hurt the screen but any moisture finding its way down the screen into the edge boards at the bottom (not tcon) may have a very bad outcome. What is the history of the tv / failure?

Comment

I got it this way.
          I don't understand why the Logo would be perfect every time. It goes stupid after the logo. I thought corrupted main board but 3 corrupted mains?

Comment

the logo doesn't cover all fault conditions. Anyways, your picture appears to show issues with signals entering the bottom of the panel (ie. vertical issues) that usually point to potentially problems with cabling / drivers down there... especially since you have tried other components already.

Comment

Working...
            X