This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, I've been working on computers, printers, networking, home theater for 15 years, a friend just came to me with a broken tv and i'm starting to enjoy TV repair more than I ever thought! Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing how I can help.

Comment

Hey I'm new trying to fix my tv looks like a great site

Comment

Hi there,

My moniker is privatebydesign, but nly because that is an ancient email address I have had for ever. My mum called me Scott.

Anyway, dredging the forums looking for information to help me repair a Toshiba 40RV525. It died after a lightening hit, apparently, but having checked all the usual suspects I can't see a darned thing wrong with it, not that I have the foggiest idea what I am doing :-) so hoping for a relatively gentle introduction into the world of reusing discarded yesterdays tech.

Comment

yatehhey (hello), join this forum because im dealing with some blown caps on a xfx GeForce 9600gt (I know its old). but this is how I see it. 5 capacitors > new card.

Comment

Ello from Iceland

Raised by electrician always been a tinkerer and i so like electricity... it so much fun.
            Got first computer a speccy zx48k with rubber keyboard when i was 7.
            Like to take things a part and get them to work.
            Been studying electrician and heading for electronics about time some say at 42.
            been mostly in the computer biz since 95 fixing the loveable windows and do allkinds of computer work.
            I've always wanted to go into the electronics so here i am been doing repairs for a few years .. but due to illness i havn't been able to finish my studies or do much of anything the last two years ..
            But i'm back and it's always good to get advice ...i learned that as i got older..

Comment

Hello,
              ma Name is Daniel from Germany
              and i Have found this forum for Laptop Repairing
              Best Regards
              Daniel

Comment

hi

Comment

Hi all,
                  I stumbled upon this site while looking for a fix to my Plasma screen problem. I am not a tech savvy guy, but I can pretty much troubleshoot and tear anything apart and replace parts with the right guidance. So, I'll be looking for a lot of guidance from you smart folks.

Comment

Hello, Hamza Imran here. I wanted to register to the forum and learn from the pro's about BGA reballing.

Comment

Ok.... to be completely honest, I'm only leaving this post to open up my access to the user CP.. and...

I (kinda) feel like I'm standing on the podium at AA, (mandatorily) introducing myself to those who share my addiction

So, Hello, Fellow Junkies !!

I'm an old fart, who grew up watching/helping my father repair TV's/electronics. I've been 'into' electronics and computers since the very early days (before Microslut even) and among some of my first "PC's" were the Commodore PET, Vic20/22, C-64/128, Amiga 1000/2K, 3K, 4K. I've long since lost track of how many PC's I've owned/built/repaired/bought/sold over the past (almost) 4 decades (DAMN, that hurts!!). I'm always looking for new sources of information, hence the reason that I've gravitated to this site. It's mostly a hobby for me these days, and a way to make a few extra bucks on the side, once-in-awhile. I setup/improved a home shop in the basement about 3 years ago, and do repairs on laptops, game consoles, video cards, TV's (just about anything that consumes electricity and 'lead-free'. Started out doing BGA reballing on laptops, Xbox's, PS3's using a home built rework machine, then after LOTS of practice/I got good enough at it, I moved up to a better rework machine (Zhuomao ZM-R5860C). I'm constantly striving to improve the process, and my abilities/knowledge whenever/where ever possible.

There appears to be a great deal of information available on this site, and many very talented/intelligent people lurking about (ripe for the picking !

Comment

Hi

Comment

Well guess I'll get my first post out of the way - I am a manufacturing engineer from Arkansas, and I picked up a TV for cheap, but have had trouble finding any sort of guide or info that resembles my issues...so here goes!

Comment

Hello New herar hoping to get some answers

Comment

Hoping to learn something have a tv from hell lol

Comment

Hello, My Name is Andre and I am a New Member and I look forward to browsing this site for information. Thank You.

Comment

Hello My Name Is Andre and I am Looking forward to view topic on this site.

Comment

Hello everybody my name is Chris and I'm excited to be a member of this site! Having some monitor issues...

Comment

Gday All.

Richard from Ausie here.

New to the "repair my own" field but can wield a soldering iron with glee!

Looking forward to some intense reading on here for a while.

Cheers

Richard

Comment

hi, i'm new member in here, I hope to learn a lot about repairing a laptop, because I've learned

Comment

Hi. I have been involved in Electronics for over thirty years, since I was a Mercedes mechanic. I have worked at Sperry and other major corporations and enjoy electronics and microcontrollers (hence the upic moniker) as a hobby as well. I just snagged two broken VIZ supplies and a Nady wireless guitar system. Hopefully I can get help with the Nady, as the VIZ stuff is almost fixed already (thanks to this site).

Thanks for a great resource!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                          X