it has:

slot 1 cpu (PIII coppermine)
    2x rambus slots
    4x agp
    5 pci slots
    amr slot
    2x usb 1.1
    creative integrated sound
    usual I/O (2 serial, parallel, ps/2 m/k)

it had a PIII 800EB cpu in it, and 512mb rambus...

not sure what i will do with it... i was going to put it in my gateway/dell mashup, but it already has a good board in it...

i do not want to sell it since it was a freebie.... unless someone wants to take it...

info is scarce on this board... anybody have any comments?

edit- it was from y mom's friend who needed an upgrade (she gets a dell dimension 2400)... case was trashed, it had a nice 300w AGI psu in it (no p4), which will go in my quasi-server...
    Last edited by ratdude747; 08-09-2010, 11:49 PM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: intel vc820 PIII

For Intel boards go to Intel.
    Attached Files
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

i know... i still think it is disappointing that it only has 2 usb... it might be a dust collecter for a while...
      sigpic

Comment

I'd only keep it around as an RDRAM tester in case that comes up.
        I only have one RDRAM board and that's the only reason I don't get rid of it.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

that was my thought too... i'd rather use it than a s423 POS...

i have a new name for it: the RIMM job!
          sigpic

Comment

hehehehehe
            Like it!

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

But what if you have to test a s423 CPU?

-

- Dr Seuss
              -
              -

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                i came into one of these.

it has:

slot 1 cpu (PIII coppermine)
                2x rambus slots
                4x agp
                5 pci slots
                amr slot
                2x usb 1.1
                creative integrated sound
                usual I/O (2 serial, parallel, ps/2 m/k)

it had a PIII 800EB cpu in it, and 512mb rambus...

not sure what i will do with it... i was going to put it in my gateway/dell mashup, but it already has a good board in it...

i do not want to sell it since it was a freebie.... unless someone wants to take it...

info is scarce on this board... anybody have any comments?

edit- it was from y mom's friend who needed an upgrade (she gets a dell dimension 2400)... case was trashed, it had a nice 300w AGI psu in it (no p4), which will go in my quasi-server...
                DUDE!!! I used to have this board. It was brand new in a box and I didn't have any rambus so out to the charity bin it went in '05?
                Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Bonez's Law of Test Equipment:

As soon as you get rid of old test equipment such that it that voids you of the capability to test something, someone will ask you to test it.

It's kind of like Murphy's Law, only more specific.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
                    DUDE!!! I used to have this board. It was brand new in a box and I didn't have any rambus so out to the charity bin it went in '05?
                    I hear you.

When I moved from WA State I got rid of 25 or so Floppy Drives that used a proprietary 8-bit interface/controller card, I had the cards too.
                    No one wanted one for like 2 years. - They went out in the trash.

About a year later someone found an old web page where I had advertised them and emailed me.
                    He had some kind of robotic factory machines that used that same drive.
                    The proprietary motherboards in the machines had that drive controller built in and no slots for add-in cards.
                    He HAD to have THAT drive.
                    Was willing to buy all I had for $100 each... I could'a cried!

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                      But what if you have to test a s423 CPU?
                      then you ask yourself what dipsh!t is still using s423!
                      sigpic

Comment

You do that...
                        ... when it happens to be this really cute chick's grandmother.

Besides, you can say the same thing about RDRAM.......

-

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        -

Comment

Skt 423 boards can usually take 512Mb modules.
                          The vc820 is limited to 256Mb/Module.

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

point taken.

still, the problem with forums is sarcasm just does not work.
                            sigpic

Comment

ratdude747; that's what the smiley's are for

PCBONEZ; you can generalize it a bit more, all those things we pack on like pack mules over the years, as soon as you (or god forbid your better half) throws away generally the next day or week it will be needed

Case in point, I had an OLD PS2 8MHZ system to play around with in school like 8 years ago
                              When I got tired of it I drove it off to the scrapheap
                              A few days later I found an add on eBay for the type of harddrive in it, it was a giant bigfoot drive, dual 5.25" high with some strange connector which name escapes me, like the 5.25" floppy connector
                              The ad said they will pay $200 for it, just like yours it was for an industrial system
                              The computer had TWO such harddrives!

$400 is allot of money when you are in school!!!
                              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

if you need rambus our shop has tons of 256M sticks

A pentium 3?? I don't know if it can take 800, probably only 600, maybe 800-45
                                Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                                  point taken.

still, the problem with forums is sarcasm just does not work.
                                  Then stop being sarcastic.
                                  Last edited by PCBONEZ; 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  -

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                                    if you need rambus our shop has tons of 256M sticks

A pentium 3?? I don't know if it can take 800, probably only 600, maybe 800-45
                                    already has the cpu and 2x 256mb sticks. it ran the 800 its whole life.

i might solder in the missing usb header (and picofuses if needed) to use in another case... not sure...
                                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                    X