Intel Motherboard D945GNT NO DISPLAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Motherboard D945GNT NO DISPLAY

My computer wont display no-more. Its based on an Intel motherboard (D945GNT). As soon as I switch on power on the wall socket, it turns on by itself without me pressing the power switch, but does not display. The motherboard LED will be lit.
    I have tested both the RAM and the processor on another board, and they work fine. I don't see any bulged caps. I have cleared CMOS, changed PSU, in trying to rectify this.Has anyone experienced this? Is my mobo fried?

Re: Intel Motherboard D945GNT NO DISPLAY

what brands and models were the two psu's?

any funky smells?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I suspect you have a short somewhere. Could be a damaged trace (look at the back of the board for damage. If you see exposed copper, theres your problem. Could also be a shorted MOSFET. Have a look at some of the other threads on here for how to detect.

Comment

it does sound like soemthing is shorted out. I would say to make sure you know where each wire goes and try disconnecting everything from the board except for the processor (with heatsink and fan) and RAM and see if it still does the same. If so then it is a component that is shorting out. I have seen this happen with ROMS, Hard Drives, USB, etc. so it could be any thing that is plugged in.

Comment

Working...
        X