This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

seems we should have a sticky about counterfiets and those selling them.
    i will send a link to rubycon on the rudeycons.

Comment

"FRESH MOTHERBOARD CAPACITOR" . I just can't stop laughing at the name. I wonder how long they will last in any motherboard before they explode and release the "fresh" smell.
      I noticed this seller a few weeks back when I was just randomly looking for capacitors on ebay. By the way, has anyone bought stuff from the seller "egekecu" - his store is called "PC MotherBoard Capacitors Store". I was wondering becuase I was thinking about buying some caps for recapping a few old power supplies just for fun + my Jetway mobo (which still works fine btw).
      Last edited by momaka; 12-15-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Bought from egekecu 3x.
        Has been okay dealer.
        Only best price sometimes.
        Pretty fast shipping 2 of 3 times considering location.
        Does carry some crap brands along with the good ones.
        His parts are mostly old stock.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Thanks for the info PCBONEZ.
          Slightly older stock probably won't hurt much in an old PSU anyways .

Comment

Here in Holland at a service center we found another bad type of caps. They seem to be from a manufacturer that's called "United" . It are 470uF 16Volt caps. We found out about it when we started to get a lot of Nikkei NPRC-10 Portable cd/radio's back for repair. They all malfunctioned at the CD Playing part. The powersupply has 2 of those 470uF's in it and so does the amplifier. After replcement the set works fine again.

Most of the caps were leaking, lost capacity or just blew the top off. And that's just after 2 or 3 months playing. Here's a picture to illustrate what kind of cap's i'm talking about.

Greetings Nick, The Netherlands
            Last edited by Captain_Crash; 12-17-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DixiePenguin
              If I overlooked the posting on these, sorry. Currently offered on eBay.

Rudeycon...yep, that's the name .

I mistook them for Rubys at first glance but something struck me as odd. Then I realized that the series was KYA (???) and the lettering looked weird.

I would post his photo but I don't know if that would be kosher, it looks to be stock shot though.

Cheers all,
              Bill
              saved & uploaded to my webspace..

going to last a bit longer there than the seller is active on ebay (i guess)

BTW: just found my new hackintosh (x86 PC with OSX installed) to have Evercon splattered all over the board :/

ASRock 4Core Dual-VSTA Rev. 1.00
              VRM is "OK" with OST for output and nichicon HM (2006 datecode (5206)) for input, but those dumb evercons worry me.. board is getting kinda flaky..

again this thread helped me out...

Evercon = GSC = Sacon ...

no wonder its flaky...

Comment

Hackintosh ????
                x86 PC with OSX installed ????

- - I didn't know you could do that.
                How to??

I would like OSX around to check web page - browser compatibility but I don't wanna buy any MAC hardware if I can get out of it.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

+ PM

Comment

my jet way was fine after removing the ever-crap evercons. too bad i had a friend recap the rest of the board and he killed it

my new AMI (amrican megatrends) MegaDual wtx board is filling its spot niceley- and only sanyo and rubycon caps on the beast
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Oops:
                      Need to move conversations out of this thread.
                      I forgot this thread is a 'sticky' thread, as in for reference data only.
                      [Sorry oh Ominous Moderator that has to clean it up.]

-

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      -

Comment

MK is BAD I have removed four of them all 330uF 200V. 2 x (M)P8 series with actual capacitance of 209uF and 207uF and 2x 0605 series with actual capacitance of 220uF and 222uF. None of these capacitors were convex. one of the (M)P8 caps had a deformities in the body of the cylinder. PS: If a caps has vent on its label, then it is most likely bad.

Comment

DECON [The Rat Poison Cap]
                          Found mostly in LCD TVs [notably Akai].
                          http://www.decon.com.cn/

-

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          -

Comment

How could we test these caps to find the great products and then the shitty ones? The crappy manufacturers shouldn't get our business but just be a victim of our skills.

Comment

Personally i dont believe that all known brands of bad caps are actually bad. i have recently replaced my computer which was around 7 years old. the motherboard in that old computer was an ABIT KG7R and was fitted with caps made by NICHICON, TEAPO AND JACKCON. I know that the last 2 makes are known for problems but in all the time i have owned my ABIT it has been running constantly for most of its life and has always been very stable (except with Win 98 and ME) I have no intentions of getting rid of the board but intend on keeping it as a backup system.

Comment

You don't get it yet.
                                Good list -> Consistently reliable.
                                Bad list -> Not consistently reliable.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
                                  Links to the badcaps manufacturers sites :

Stone - http://www.ystone.com.tw/ (not sure if this is the right one)
                                  Yes that is them, the label and the colours used for the plastic/print match the bad stuff on a GA-BX2000+ I recapped.
                                  failure is not an option. it is a chance to success.

Comment

-

- Dr Seuss
                                    -
                                    -

Comment

~~~ POSTED IN WRONG THREAD...
                                      Last edited by PCBONEZ; 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

The site keeps moving it to the wrong thread.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

I recently just pulled apart a few different items and have been noticing "chang" as a manufacturer of capacitors. I found it in a noname PSU, and on some small consumer routers. They're crap, as I frequently find them swelled. But I haven't found any threads about these caps. I had a bunch of Samsung capacitors in that size. Didn't have any Ruby's in that size, or I would have used those.

This is about all I could find on chang. http://www.plasticfilmcapacitors.com/about.html Looks like it's a sister company of cheng. I'm also wondering why they bothered to create a sister company with a different name. Or about as different as you can get without changing the name.

Comment

Working...
                                          X