• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi from Italy! Cheers

Comment

Hello, Everyone;
      I have an LG 60PA6500 that I am hoping to repair instead of having to replace it.

Comment

Hi Everyone, I've been scouring your forum for a few days now and am amazed at the expert help that has been flowing so freely!
        I'm sure the answers I'm looking for will be found in the Plasma TV repair section (-:
        HJ

Comment

I stumbled upon this forum as I am trying to figure out if I can fix my LCD TV or use it to determine the height of my work building by dropping it off and timing it till it hits the ground. My name is Jon, and I should belong to Electronics Anonymous because I really only know enough to be dangerous, but I am addicted to always attempting to learn more and explore beyond my current limitations.
          I have a background in ChE and have been working in materials research and development for about 20 yrs with a 10 yr break as a missionary in Russia.

So...., I have this friend who has this tv...
          Jon

Comment

Djames here in Fort Worth. Found a thread on this forum that helped immensely in my search to repair my Sharp TV. Looking to learn a bunch on here.

Comment

Hello all. I'm Dani, n I'm here trying to gain access to a Dell Latitude E6420 utilizing RasbPi and Flashrom. I'm in love with my E6320, so getting the E6420 working would be cool beans!

I've used Flashrom on my RasbPi 3 a few times before. I flashed the chips on 3 of my guitar amplifiers (Peavey Vypyr series) and brought them back from the dead! So I'm eager to try flashing the BIOS chips on the Dell

Comment

Hello. On here trying to figure out a Vizio with only an orange light.
                Kent

Comment

Hello I am mackie and I am new here! Thanks for this wonderful place.
                  Regards

Comment

Hi, I'm a young Italian IT technician. I love to work with informatic hardware and electronic shields. Your community is awesome! Can I join with you to share information and possible resolution methods?

Comment

Hello, found BadCaps while researching how to repair a Panasonic TC-P50U50. Quickly found what I needed. Will likely be back often in the future.

Comment

Hello, I've been fiddling with electronics for years but now I need some more direction to try and perform some repairs.

Comment

Hi I have been into electronics since the early 80's. Starting with my Radio Shack TRS 80 Model III. Have Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology. Worked for major Copier and business machine corp., for most of my career. I have worked on projects like consumer electronics, computers, copiers, just about anything I could take apart. Sourcing site info to shorten trouble-shooting process. Will share when I can, if I can.

Comment

Hello...
                            I am Kristian and I have TV/AUDIO repair service almost 30 years...
                            I found this forum very useful and I want to share my knowledge with other people in this job. :-)
                            Kristian

Comment

I'm a recently-retired electrician (industrial construction/maintenance) whose first electronic projects used vacuum tubes (and whose first car had a mechanical distributor, points, cap and coil. My first digital computer was a TRS-80 Model 1. I was "there" as 24-volt electro-mechanical relay control panels in manufacturing plants were replaced by wire-wrap solid state IC boards, paper tape drives, and eventually programmable controllers.
                              Now, just about everything from my toothbrush to my television set is microprocessor-based and good information is more vital than ever...especially when trying to repair a dead laptop!

Comment

Hello all, i'm a 33 year old who lives in Adelaide. I've worked in IT for about 5 years now, and starting to play around with fixing computers/tv's.
                                I'm having an issue with my LG 42LD650 that i have where it won't turn on.. Usually, when the TV is in standby mode, there will be a red LED light in the bottom right cnr of the tv which stays solid red. When turning the tv on, it fades out and then turns blue (which is when its working properly!) Now, mine doesn't do this - i turn it on and the red light fades out and then back red again, then fades out and then back red again. This continues indefinitely. I've just changed the main power board, but to no avail..

There is something about a tcon connection or something which i can't seem to find anywhere? Although i went with the first option from the internet which was to replace the PCB. HELP PLS..... I'm stuck.

Thanking all in advance.

Comment

Hello all, i'm a 33 year old who lives in Adelaide. I've worked in IT for about 5 years now, and starting to play around with fixing computers/tv's.
                                  I'm having an issue with my LG 42LD650 that i have where it won't turn on.. Usually, when the TV is in standby mode, there will be a red LED light in the bottom right cnr of the tv which stays solid red. When turning the tv on, it fades out and then turns blue (which is when its working properly!) Now, mine doesn't do this - i turn it on and the red light fades out and then back red again, then fades out and then back red again. This continues indefinitely. I've just changed the main power board, but to no avail..

There is something about a tcon connection or something which i can't seem to find anywhere? Although i went with the first option from the internet which was to replace the PCB. HELP PLS..... I'm stuck.

Thanking all in advance.

Comment

Hi Im new and I need some diagnostic advice on fixing my TV. I have basic electrical mechanical skills but I need to gain some knowledge.

Comment

hi guys just to say a quick helo as i am trying to enter the service menu of my samsung lcd tv with distorted colours thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone, My name is Daniel and I'm new here but i love repairing electronics as a hobby

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie, seeking to learn. I found this site today and loved it. I tinker with things. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X