Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone , never attempted to repair my LCD monitor until today & chanced upon the forum from related Google searches.

Will definitely be requiring some help at some point in the near future, so hoping you guys can help.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello people, I just joined to say thanks for all the invaluable information you offer and yes I am another guy with a faulty LCD TV

Comment

Hello, I'm very grateful for the information on this site, it's been very helpful!

Comment

My name is Randy, from Nanaimo BC, Canada. I took the computer engineering technology program at Camosun college nearly twenty years ago, and have hardly picked up a soldering iron since then. I've recently gotten back into repairing older audio amplifiers and am branching out into plasma tv repair. I'm searching high and low for info, and while I'm a bit rusty, I'm certainly appreciating the help from here and other internet sites.

Comment

Hello, I'm a new member, so i'd thought i'd just jump in:

I have been a general tinkerer and diy'er for most of my adult life. I have repaired lots of electronics and computers in the past (usually with an equal service of expert help)...which is why i'm here!

I have been using badcaps.net as a source of information for some time, and i'd like to be able to ask for help here now as well

I'll jump in where my experience is helpful as well. Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Hello, I just signed to the forum.
              Im a electronic enthusiast as many of you.
              Hope to contribute with something.
              Regards

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm a new member to this forum. Have been building and working on computers since the late 80's. I found this forum when searching for a solution to an LCD TV problem. I've already learned a lot just searching and reading past threads and posts. Thanks for having an open forum and inviting new members.

Comment

Hello,I am moise,reside in the warm heart of africa!I like learning from my fellow computer wizards,i believe no man is an island!Let the fun begin,thanks geeks

Comment

Hi everyone, Carlos from California. I joined b/c was able to find a ton of useful info on how to troubleshoot plasma tvs in this forum. Looking fwd to learning more and being able to fix my Samsung PN60E530.

Comment

Hello all, I live in Maryland and have a relatively new 42" plasma tv that got zapped by an electical storm. Hoping I can poke around in here enough to fix it myself. I have some experience building computers but not TVs.

Comment

Hello, like many of you I'm a newcomer with a broken tv looking for advice.
                        Just trying to get my first post in

Comment

Greetings fellow cappers,

Another DIYer who is sick of the treadmill the major electronics manufacturers like to keep us all on. I've been repairing monitors for over 20 years (lcd panels for slightly less time) and have been knocked across the room by a flyback once.

Once.

I'm here for advice both to give and receive, and hopefully to not reinvent the wheel.

Why not; here's an explosion:

Comment

Greetings to everyone

Comment

Hi

im Janine and I stumbled upon this forum whilst looking for a solution to a problem with an lcd tv. by trade im a computer technician so im not scared of electronics. any questions please ask.

Comment

Hi, my name is Ben, I discovered this forum while I was searching for a solution for my lcd tv, I have no experience whatsoever but I love electronics, I'm from hickory, North carolina, usa and I hope to get the help I need, thanks in advance...

Comment

Hi my name is Luis Grilo, I just joined to say thanks for all the invaluable information you offer and yes I am another guy with a faulty LCD TV

Comment

hello,

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    hahahahahah.

Comment

hello,
                                      every one can any friend give me the link or schematics of dell inspiron n5040??????? i have a problm with its black screen no display

Comment

Originally posted by sherazrizvi786 View Post
                                        hello,
                                        every one can any friend give me the link or schematics of dell inspiron n5040??????? i have a problm with its black screen no display
                                        Welcome and please read posting guidelines. Post your question as a new thread in the appropriate forum, answers will be given there, not here.

Comment

Hello, happy to be a new member of the badcaps community. David

Comment

Working...
                                          X