Vizio VP50 HDTV20A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VP50 HDTV20A

I have a Vizio VP50 HDTV20A that would occasionaly lose picture, but still have sound. Also, only a few of the buttons on the side of the tv work and the remote only works while on certain inputs. Finally, when I turn off the tv, the power led blinks 10 times before shutting off. I opened up the tv and found multiple blown capacitors on the power board that I replaced (I didn't replace the ones that apeared to be ok so maybe that is the next step). I checked the voltages at all the pins and they all seemed to be within tolerance from what I could find online but this may require a second look also. I also checked the fuses and they all appeared to be ok. After I did all this, I still have the same issues as I did before (not sure about the picture issues as I haven't used it enough) but now I also don't have sound. I tried hooking up headphones to the audio output to see if I could use this as a workaround but had no success. I am pretty new at this and would appreciate any direction going forward. Thanks!

Re: Vizio VP50 HDTV20A

you need to post clear pictures of the board layout and individual pics of each board

Comment

Just one correction the tv is actually a HDTV10A. Let me know if you need anything else.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not getting the correct voltages in standby mode, but only when I turn on the tv.

Comment

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

What do you mean "correct voltages" can you list what readings please.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

What happens when you heat the Psu do the voltages go back to spec ?
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

When I plug in the tv I hear 2 clicks and cannot get voltage readings from the pins. When I turn on my tv I get the following readings:

Vs = 192V
                Va = 59.7V
                5V ctl = 5.04V
                5V ab = 4.94V
                3.3V = 3.47V
                9V = 8.69V
                24V = 23.8V

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X