Coby tftv4025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coby tftv4025

Well I searched the threads for this television and found some interesting reading. I even found a couple of posts with the exact same problems, but no definite answers on repairing it. Mine has the standby blue light and when I touch the power button it goes off and it just sits there. Pulled the power supply board and found 3 bad caps and a crappy solder joint on another one. Replaced all with Nichicon and popped it back in. Guess what I still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated especially if anyone has a service manual online I can access. Thanks in advance folks you guys are great for helping.

Re: Coby tftv4025

I'm currently working on this same p.o.s for a customer at the moment. Similar situatIon however mine is blue on standby, brighter blue at powerup but no sound or pic. Suspect eeprom. Theres 2.2 and 3.3v there but nogo on clock and data out. I'll let u know when mine arrives from Shopjimmy
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Sounds great will keep watch. By the way send me the specs on the eeprom when you receive it please. I saw the one on Ebay from ShopJimmy but won't pop for it until I see your reply.
      Last edited by Coinhunter; 11-17-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Hello. I also have a Coby with same problem. If the eeprom is the solution, is there a specific soldering tool you would recommend for replacing eeproms? I have soldered for years but not to the extent required to replace an eeprom surface chip. My soldering techniques are more basic such as Caps, diodes,etc..

Thanks!

Comment

I just remove parts with a hot air rework station and a pair of tweezers very carefully. If you don't have access to one of those it's very tedious process utilizing solder acrossed two or three pins at a time to lift each side up slowly. Sometimes this is dangerous as you can cause damage to the board when you're shorting couple pins together that's why I like using hot air

Comment

I've had a lot of luck flooding all four pins on each side with solder, then working the tip of the iron back and forth quickly to keep each blob of solder molten. After a few seconds, the chip slides right off. Once you've cleaned the pads with wick, it's as if the chip was never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinhunter View Post
              Sounds great will keep watch. By the way send me the specs on the eeprom when you receive it please. I saw the one on Ebay from ShopJimmy but won't pop for it until I see your reply.
              TVs fixed. I was the eeprom. Order from shopjimmy. Make sure you have the Samsung panel. All is well.

Comment

Working...
              X