Seiki SE50FY10 replaced EEPROM, Need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seiki SE50FY10 replaced EEPROM, Need info

I replaced the EEPROM on the main board due to sound and no picture with the SMPS testing good. While doing so, I removed the cap on the main board labeled C8 for more room. Of course, the cats got ahold of it and it is nowhere to be found. The best part is, I didn't write down the value. Does anyone have an idea of what it is? I'm thinking it would be a 16v 470uF. Also, this is my first time replacing an EEPROM and I got the replacement direct from shopjimmy. Is there any type of procedure I need to do before I test the tv? Thanks!
    Last edited by zacheriaj; 11-19-2015, 07:27 PM.
    You Can't Succeed Until You're Willing to Fail

Re: Seiki SE50FY10 replaced EEPROM, Need info

Sorry, Here is a photo. The cap in question is just to the right of the jumper block
    Attached Files

Comment

Make sure to post the part number of the board next time. I know its in the picture, but it makes it easier for others to help you if you don't make us work to get the info we need.
      35J0651 is the part number, I am assuming that your panel number is T500HVN01.0
      Also Shopjimmy states that no picture is not something the EEPROM will fix. If you can't see the picture due to a lack of backlight however that is different then no picture.
      Now as for that capacitor, I do not have this board on hand and after doing a few searches on google images, and browsing on vendor websites, I was not able to get a clear look at that cap. However if you call shopjimmy and explain your problem to one of their customer service agents, they might be able to help you with your question as they do retail your board. They do not offer technical support, but since you did buy the EEPROM chip from them, they might be willing to offer some assistance. The main reason they don't offer tech support anymore is because of free loaders that would spend time with their techs and then end up buying the competitions product at a lower price. You already bought their product so they might be more willing to help.
      Anyways, good luck.

Comment

Suppose I should have clarified. No backlight, panel is operational, with sound. SMPS tests ok but failing to get LED signal on from main board. I emailed shopjimmy today with the cap question but figured I'd try here as well as they probably have any replacement sealed already. The second part of my question however is whether or not there would be a specific process at power up after replacing the eeprom

Comment

I have replaced about a dozen or so EEPROM chips specifically for lack of backlight and have never had to do anything aside plugging in the set.
          The only thing that comes to mind would be to make sure that your TV is up to date on its firmware.
          But you shouldn't have to do anything else once you have it installed.
          Hope SJ gets back to you with that info.

Comment

Working...
          X