• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Multicolored Lines Viewsonic LCD

Hello to everyone.
    I got a broken Viewsonic LCD here.
    As i wrote in the topic, when i turn on the LCD only
    bright vertical lines (in blue green red) are viewable.
    (they are getting brighter at the beginning... like a cap is getting loaded)
    Here a picture of the Lines and some caps from the board which is connected to the display (seems to be for the lcd lamps... but the bright lines look more than a data connection failure ?)
    Hope someone got an idea =)
    Attached Files

Re: Vertical Multicolored Lines Viewsonic LCD

You will probably find that you need a new Screen.

Comment

I have fixed a 42" Vizio Tv with a similar looking problem and it was the famous U33 vdo on the mainboard.

Comment

What does it look like when you have a video source hooked up? Do you get any video? Do the lines always stay in the same spot or do they move around?

Comment

Hello.
          The picture was while the video cable was connected.
          I also activated the 2nd display in windows and moved a window on the broken screen... but the lines didnt move.
          The only thing i saw is, that the lines where "moving" when i turn the sceen off and on again.. -> so the lines don´t move in that way, but are always on another position when i turn it off and on (also the color varies)

@ Rtech - i got it broken from my office, so its more the curious, then i need it.
          @ tibimakai - what do u mean with u33 vdo (already googled it, but no logic results ^^)

SORRY 4 MY POOR ENGLISH !

Comment

You can try cleaning and reseating the flat ribbon cable that connects the logic board to the LCD panel.

Comment

Originally posted by storexxm View Post
              Hello.
              The picture was while the video cable was connected.
              I also activated the 2nd display in windows and moved a window on the broken screen... but the lines didnt move.
              The only thing i saw is, that the lines where "moving" when i turn the sceen off and on again.. -> so the lines don´t move in that way, but are always on another position when i turn it off and on (also the color varies)
              In my experience (which is entirely with one particular brand of LCD TV) that would more likely be the LCD timing control board, or even the main board, than the LCD panel. A bad cable connection is also possible.

Comment

Try applying some squeeze pressure by the offending lines from the outside of the case, or better still directly to the panel. Like, pinching it. Does anything change ? If so, it may be the panel de-laminating, in which case it has to be replaced. If no changes are affected by doing this then pursue the cabling connections and control board.

Comment

I'm betting on low 5V or 12V to the t-con; I've seen it before on a TV.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The U33 component is a voltage regulator that delivers 3.3V to other components on the mainboard. This is on some Vizio TVs. Check all the voltages, see if none of them is a bit lower than it should be.

Comment

i already disassembled the hole screen....
                      have to try what happen when i disconnect the small ribbon cable... if there are those lines too...

@ tibimakai - ok, i will do that next weekend

So nobody thinks the green caps maybe can be the issue?

Comment

So i disassembled and assambled the whole monitor, same thig happen.
                        Vertical bright colored lines.
                        The voltage on the power board are correct.
                        I made some pictures again, maybe someone can tell me which component could be broken ?

Uploaded with *************

Comment

What I was refering to is a VIZIO TV. You have on the mainboard a U3 and U5, check those to see what kind of voltages do you get at each pin.
                          There is a T-con board somewhere? Pictures?

Comment

Hello.
                            In the wohle monitor were only those 3 Boards... (the yellow and green one are connected by the power connection)
                            The number after the U stands for something or is only numbered?

Or is there another board where i put the other side of the data cable?
                            (never looked up there...)

add:

Okay i googled it.. damn... never tried to open the rest of the case
                            Is it possible to repair a t-con board ?
                            Last edited by storexxm; 10-22-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Here are the pictures of the t-con board. the ribbon cables are glued with the panel...
                              any ideas... ?

Comment

i pressed on the ribbon cables during the screen was connected... no lines moved.... seems like the t-con board or the video board is dead

Comment

You are likely to get more help if you stop posting pictures in line- please post them as attachments. Also try and get the whole board in the picture.
                                  On the T con there is what looks to be a fuse but its cut off the picture.

It is white, if it is a fuse, please test the voltage on both sides of it.

You should also test and post the voltages on the regulators.

The numbers following the "U" do not signify a value they are the board designation numbers - Instead fo saying the "Green Capacitors" you should be saying capacitor at Cxxx on the main board so we know exactly what you are talking about.
                                  The numbers also need to be visible in the pictures.

EDIT there may be another fuse near the white one - perhaps green
                                  as I think I can make out F3? if so it suggests there are at least 3 fuses on that panel board (Tcon) look for F1 - F2 -F3 and so on.
                                  Last edited by selldoor; 11-13-2012, 04:35 AM.
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                                  X