Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway LP2207 /FPD2275W Bad Caps need help

Hi,
    I have a Gateway FPD2275W/ It also goes by LP2207.
    It does have 2 bad caps on the inverter board. The 2 caps are 12J 3KV JNC. I was able to find a replacement part(thanks to someone on another forum!) One looks like its ready to burn up and the other one all ready has. Do I need to replace the other cap There are 2 more caps(same kind, that look like there part of the invertor circuit.
    N3
    3KV
    SEC
    Since no one seems to know on this one and it looks fine I was wondering if I can get away with not replacing it. Also Should I replace all the Electrolytes caps. I tested them all with a ESR meter all came out good, but the filter cap. Its a low ESR but a little higher than it should be. .73 and should be around .53. There where a few that had real high Capcitance(instead of 240 or 640 they where like 2400, but Im guessing possible because they where in circuit. My meter will test in circuit but it may still be througing things off. I didn't test any of the ceramic caps. There are a couple of those as well. None of the caps looks bad excpet the 2 bad 12J's

Thanks in advance!,

Nico
    Attached Files

Re: Gateway LP2207 /FPD2275W Bad Caps need help

with the damage from the burned cap, I would replace all 4, I have the same board, but the 680uF @ 25v caps fried. planing on replacing all the su'scon caps.

Comment

Hi,
      I ended up just replacing the 2 bad Ceramic caps and all the other Electrolyte Caps except the Large on o nteh AC side. I wasn't able to find out what the replacement part was for the other ceramic cap. So far so good it's been working well since July. Lord willing those other caps will keep working
      Thanks for the response/ help Greatlly appreciate it

Comment

hey i wanted to know if you could tell me the volts and uf of 1 of those caps

Comment

Well it worked i changed all the caps on the board 2 were blown. I also changed both of the N3 3KV SEC's show in nicos post above one was burnt but i changed them both. I plan on using it for gaming so thats why i changed them all!!!

Comment

Working...
          X