Missing Q512 in EVGA 6600GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Q512 in EVGA 6600GT

Hi guys! Just got a reference based EVGA 6600GT for free that i'm trying to get back to life, previous owner said the card was artifacting bad and fan won't spin, after some inspection found 4 missing smd components in the back of the card: 3 capacitors in VRAM area and 1 transitor (Q512) close to GPU at first i wasn't sure if it was missing or if the place was empty by design, but after little research found that reference cards does have a Q512 and with a soldering iron I was able to recover what once were transistor's pins.

Long story short i already sorted the artifacts thing, regarding the fan... well the fan does spin but only when driver gets installed/loaded. ie.-If turned on and go into BIOS the fan never kicks in no matter how much time you stay there or how hot the card gets.

Tried to sort the circuit but failed to do so, but it seems that Q512 may have something to do with the fan circuit, well even if it doesn't it's still supossed to be there, but because it was already missing I don't have any idea of the values or type of transistor and don't want to burn something else by just guessing.

Do any of you have a reference based 6600gt that can hand me Q512 markings or any information regarding?

-Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Missing Q512 in EVGA 6600GT

bump ...any info about Q512...anyone?

Comment

Working...
    X