Does size matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does size matter?

Dang it!! It was late and I didn't catch it, I ordered the 1800uF 6.3v 10mm MCZ Series instead of the 8mm. As long as there aren't any clearance problems and I just tweak the leads over a little to fit I'm thinking I'll be OK right???

Re: Does size matter?

As long as they fit in the space you're working with, it will be fine.

Comment

GREAT!! I appreciate the response. I was 99% sure but I hate to go through the whole procedure just to have to re-do it. Thanks again.

Comment

You'll get higher ripple suppression, lower ESR, and a longer MTBF, so yes, if you can fit thicker caps, do it!
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

When you "tweak the leads" do it such that there is no pressure on the rubber bung from the leads both while bending and as installed.

If you pull against the rubber to bend,, or install them with sideways tension on the leads,, you may create a path for a leak.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

I was about to move this to the VIP section... glad I opened it first :p
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

And............. success!!
              I only had one I had to leave a little tall to clear but it"ll be fine. I actually replaced this motherboard 8 months ago and then my son told me it was getting flakey again. Opened it up and 9 TK caps were bulging again. I"ve soldered stuff all my life but nothing as intricate as this. Damn those traces are close together!! Really glad I found this site. Ordered the caps from here and checked the tutorials to make sure there wasn't anything wierd I had to know. Thanks guys for the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                Yeah, I was gonna respond with my wife's opinion on the matter but I figured I'd behave this time.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                  Last edited by kaboom; 04-09-2011, 10:03 PM.
                  "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                  Originally posted by shango066
                  All style and no substance.
                  Originally posted by smashstuff30
                  guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                  guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Working...
                  X