Advice on warranty for hannspree 25 inch monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on warranty for hannspree 25 inch monitor

ok, i was searching google for the sku of my hannspree hf257hpb monitor and saw this group. read through a thread
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14768
    of 2 seconds to black which was similar to my issues.

i am not qualified to make repair on my monitor, but since it is only 2 years old, it would be under the 3 year warranty from hannspree. However, they limit the 3 year warranty as follows:
    1-Year limited warranty on LCD/Backlight from original date of purchase

since i am having the 2 seconds to black, and can see images using a flashlight,
    i am asking your groups honest opinion if the repair on my monitor would fall under the LCD/Backlight issue, or would it be under another issue which would hopefully be under the 3 year warranty. i do not want to ship to them and then tell me it is $150 to repair cause my issue is not under the 3 year warranty.
    thanks

Re: Advice on warranty for hannspree 25 inch monitor

They really covered their butts with that 2-faced warranty. There's really no definite answer for a few reasons:

1) if the ccfl's or LCD panel have gone bad, then yes, game over and you're SOL.

2) does the "backlight" also included the inverter portion? From the link you gave, it appears that the inverter assembly is part of the power supply board. Say, for example, one of the inverter transformers is bad, then would the warranty exclude the replacement of the power supply board?

3) the mainboard sends a signal to the inverter assemby to turn on the ccfl's. If the main board is bad, then that would probably be covered under the warranty.

4) Let's not forget that the power supply supplies voltage to drive the inverter section. If the power supply output is not working properly, then no backlights. Of course, these guys can claim point #2 above.

The only way you can verify any of the above is to take apart the monitor, which probably voids your warranty. With the way the warranty is currently written, you're putting your trust in Hannspree 100%, which would be foolish. They can easily claim a backlight problem and be done with you because you'd have no proof otherwise.
    Last edited by jetadm123; 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

worthless warrenty.
      how about opening it up and posting pics?

Comment

i am literally backed up at my job with 3 to 6 months of work.
        it would be foolish of me to attempt any repair also because i am an amateur
        with no experience (soldered a few items over the years but they looked
        pretty bad after finishing)
        if someone here would like to attempt a repair, i can ship the item to them.
        alternatively, i can sell the bad unit at a cheap price.
        still have the original box and shipping materials so it should arrive in good condition.

i'll sell the bad unit for $40 shipped
        alternatively, if you are out of work and can prove it to me somehow i will ship the bad unit to you for free.

Comment

Working...
        X