Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 50pfp5332d/37 Bad Capacitors and Blown Traces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 50pfp5332d/37 Bad Capacitors and Blown Traces.

Just got this Philips plasma, said to have "turn on blue led light, but no picture". Thought -- Y-sustain and Y buffers. Plugged in the power cord, and saw a huge spark through the case and something blowing on the power supply. And Finally opened it up and here's what I found.

Well first thing I tested the Y-sustain and Buffers. Buffers ohm out good, no shorts on either one. Tested the obvious FETs on the sustain, and no dead shorts either! So the Y boards seem to be good in this case.

On to the power supply. No obvious burnt marking on the PSU at all... but there was a small burnt mark it left behind the panel where the main caps are. I desoldered both caps (450V 270uf) and sure enough both are bad and one is literally exploded from the bottom while burning the board. I also found one shorted diode next to those caps D8020.

After cleaning up the burnt, the traces are obviously damaged. To fix this I wanted to make sure, my question is, were traces connected together?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Glitcher; 07-23-2014, 08:43 AM.

Re: Philips 50pfp5332d/37 Bad Capacitors and Blown Traces.

Well it looks like it - is it the neg side of a big cap so should be able to ohms test to the DC neg on the bridge rectifier
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
    X