Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo t430 no backlight

hy guys
    can somebody help with a schematic for this notebook.
    i need to turn on the backlight i don`t need like a perfect fix just need to be on on full birghtnes.
    i change the screen cable, i tested the screen in another notebook it works.
    it was note the same cuz if it was the same i will have taken apart and work mirror to the faulty board
    strage part is that i never found a broken fuse but the one from the pic don`t have any voltage...
    it will be a big wonder if i new what V are in those fuses
    ty all
    Attached Files
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Re: lenovo t430 no backlight

Did you measure the voltages?

Comment

Originally posted by robrock1 View Post
      Did you measure the voltages?
      0v on fuses
      i took out the screen full(whole case with cable just took it out from base notebook and connected to another lenovo and its working)

Comment

SOLVED!
        the fuses from first pictures are for battery.
        the fuse for the screen its marked with F7 and its under the connector
        i do know that it req. 20v
        Attached Files

Comment

My daughter has a T430/2342CTO with the same unlit screen issue. Brand new two months ago with no hazard warranty; screen cracked and when I tried to replace, probably shorted out backlight circuit. Odd part is that battery was removed and power supply was disconnected five hours before and wasn't expecting any residual charge. Damage done; I figure that my options at this stage are:
          1) Bite the bullet and turn the whole mess over to a Lenovo repair shop. $$$$$
          2) Bite the bullet and turn the whole mess over to and independent repair shop. $$$
          3) Assuming it is just a blown fuse, attempt to repair the circuit board. Please advise if I am wrong, but I assume you just solder bridged the fuse contacts.
          4) Replace the entire board with a refurb/rebuilt/new... $$

What might you recommend as my next step? Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Comment

many times explained in the forum. pls search..

Comment

Talk about an useless reply...
              I searched for "lenovo t430 no backlight" and this was the only result returned.
              Anybody get any better suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by npoulsen View Post
                Talk about an useless reply...
                I searched for "lenovo t430 no backlight" and this was the only result returned.
                Anybody get any better suggestions?
                do you see anything on the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by spidey View Post
                  many times explained in the forum. pls search..
                  its not rly useless; hes got a point and i try to tend what he does.

if i`m a nerd hes the king

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. Replaced cracked screen, new screen has correct images (viewed with bright light from behind). No backlight at all, external monitor port works fine. I assume something shorted when I tried to replace screen and may possibly have blown the fuse you mentioned in original post. Best case for me is that I can repair/bridge the fuse and hope nothing else in the backlight circuit went bad.

Checked with Lenovo authorized service folks and they said just replacing the screen; no further diagnosis, etc. was close to original cost of laptop. Refurbed system board (04x3651) runs $470 on eBay. Right now, you're my only source of info; thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by npoulsen View Post
                      Thanks for getting back to me. Replaced cracked screen, new screen has correct images (viewed with bright light from behind). No backlight at all, external monitor port works fine. I assume something shorted when I tried to replace screen and may possibly have blown the fuse you mentioned in original post. Best case for me is that I can repair/bridge the fuse and hope nothing else in the backlight circuit went bad.

Checked with Lenovo authorized service folks and they said just replacing the screen; no further diagnosis, etc. was close to original cost of laptop. Refurbed system board (04x3651) runs $470 on eBay. Right now, you're my only source of info; thanks again for your help.
                      you need to take it apart.
                      then we can talk because you will need to work and find that fuse.
                      its not hard i swear. you can fix it

Comment

Hey there.

I had the same problem, changed the display without disconnecting the battery... Can someone please tell me what kind of fuse i need to solder in here? Where can i get it from?

Comment

you still have no backlight?

Comment

yes, the backlight stopped working the moment i changed the display without disconnecting the backlight. I tried out 3 different displays, so it has to be the fuse. External monitor works well. Do you know what kind of fuse it is? maybe how much amps? Or is it possible to just short-circuit it?

Comment

if you wanna jump it use a small (diameter) wire.
                              if the wire gets burn put 2 wires, but i think one its good.
                              i use wire from charging adapters(NOT cooper wire)
                              never put a blob of solder you will burn the mobo

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
                                if you wanna jump it use a small (diameter) wire.
                                if the wire gets burn put 2 wires, but i think one its good.
                                i use wire from charging adapters(NOT cooper wire)
                                never put a blob of solder you will burn the mobo
                                I use the fuse wire from a glass fuse that I break open and remove one end cap, solder the wire across the smd fuse and then cut off the excess wire and other end cap
                                always leave one end cap on for easy handling
                                you can use a glass fuse with the desired amp as the smd fuse that you are jumping, and feel confident that it is safe on completion
                                I would never solder blob a smd fuse

Comment

how many amps does that backlight need?

Comment

Originally posted by dudomatik View Post
                                    how many amps does that backlight need?
                                    you need to look at the top of the fuse and see what number or letter is on it
                                    I dont know with a lenovo myself
                                    the dell 1545 that I just done had a p on it, that made it 3A
                                    had to google that info

Comment

Yeah, it finally worked! I broke open a 3 amps glass fuse, and soldered the little wire over the original fuse! Thank you very much, guys!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

What do you mean you soldered the little wire over the original fuse? Can you go into more detail on how you fixed this issue? thank you

Comment

Working...
                                        X