Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vx2835vm

Hey,

so my Viewsonic vx2835vm tft completely stopped working, if I connect the power there random white flashing at the right side or the power led flickers and switches from blue to yellow seemingly randomly. Well as it seems the power supply PSM217-404-H-R is the problem most of the time. Im not really able to do DMM testing, but I got the possibility to get these capacitors replaced:

Number Capacity [uF] Voltage [V]

2 470 10
    2 1000 10
    2 470 25
    2 1000 25
    1 470 35
    1 1000 35
    1 22 35
    1 2,2 50
    1 10 50

from my viewpoint they look fine, but the topleft side of the backside seems to discolored and has that burned smell. So what would you say are the chances that doing these replacements save my tft?
    Attached Files

Re: Vx2835vm

This shares the same power supply as the Hanns G. The mega thread is at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11329

After you do your homework/reading, it should answer your questions.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Vx2835vm

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      This shares the same power supply as the Hanns G. The mega thread is at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11329

After you do your homework/reading, it should answer your questions.
      Great memory retiredcaps! After going back through memory lane I remember this PSU now. The smaller caps tend to dry up on the primary side. I would definitely replace the 3 caps circled in red. But also replace the 4 circled in blue. Their ESR was a little high when I tested them. The ones in red were totally out of spec. That'll probably get you fixed up. Also, if you ever notice any "sparkling, or waviness" of the colors or fonts. You'll need to replace some of the caps on the logic board. Good luck! L-J-7
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X