This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone.. I dabble in electronics now and then and love to fix things up. I've always heard about BC from the VP6 days and I remember breaking my VP6 desoldering the caps (the iron slipped and broke out a couple of traces). This time around, i'm back in hopefully for the long run (but also because my Dell 2408wfp just broke and I certainly could use some help.

Cheers!

Comment

Howdy. I'm from the bay area and enjoy electronics. I'm a budding audiophile and love video games. I thought I would register on BC for a question or two on this great community.

Thanks

Comment

Hello!
        I'm just looking to ask a question about a TV i'm trying to fix myself.

Thank you for letting me join the community!

Comment

Well hello

I guess I better post my introduction. LOL i didn't see the message to post here to get full access until now.

My background is an electronics technician. I received by training onboard US Navy submarines.

I currently work for one of the greatest computer company taking tech phone calls helping solve customer devices issues.

My hobby is collecting, repairing and selling refurbished tv's during my spare time. LOL what is spare time. If I have a schematic I can fix almost anything.

also love computers and enjoying the great outdoors; camping etc.

If any questions feel free to reach out. as well I will post my questions if I get stumped. there is a lot of great knowledge here.

thanks and see ya in the forums

Comment

Hello Everyone
            I stumbled upon this site when I found some homeless flat screen tv's at the landfill. I don't know much about electronics but I am willing to learn. There is a great wealth of collective knowledge here and I am looking forward to digging in with learning and helping where I can.

Comment

Hello,

Trying to fix my panasonic plasma th-46pz80u my self so I joined this site in hopes to get some good answers. I work in IT field and can do basic soldering. I'm just stumped with plasma TV's.

thanks

Comment

Hello. I'm Jer. Recently required a "broken" TV. there's a wealth of information here, sadly I just started out on all this, and I don't even know how to measure transistors. I wanted to pick up a new hobby, and this seems like there's quite the curve to get into.

Also I find it amusing that they asked to keep it down because it could easily hit 100 pages, and we are now onto 500 pages..

Comment

hello new hear saying hello

Comment

cant seem to start a new thread pretty sure I activated everything ????

Comment

I am 78 years young and started in computers with the old 8088 cpu model. A friend put it together for me and sold it to me for $850. That was a bundle at the time. But I have progressed somewhat since then and try to do my own work. But at times I run into a stump and have to have some advice and that is why I have come to this site.

Comment

I am trying to post in the monitor troubles but seem to have a little trouble getting around to that. Maybe this will send me to where I neeed to go. If not could someone tell me where I am messing up?

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          Found this very interesting forum. never thought that caps are that interesting.

Comment

Hello, my name is Stephen. I live in western Maryland. I have always had my hands on anything that was mechanical or electrical. My first tear down was my Cassette player with one speaker. You must be over 35 to remember those. I didn't know what I was doing but curious. I touched the really shiny board just to get three black "burn" marks on my finger and at the same time it through me backwards into my closet. My very first experience with a cap! I've been fixing a few flat screens lately, mainly for myself. But I ended up on this forum several times reading about an rca L32WD12 I've had it apart a few too many times. But I couldn't view a link that someone put on here without being a member, so here I am. Hoping to learn more from the people here.

Comment

Hi all!
                              i'm from northern CA and have been interested in learning about fixing component level electronics. Opportunity presented itself now that my plasma TV is broken so it'll be a good learning activity . My first learning experience a long time back in middle school was trying to fix a dead stereo box which resulted in a spark because it was plugged in . I've been unplugging things ever since!

Comment

Hello, I am Božo from Croatia. In the last few months, my interests are in bad LCD tvs.

Comment

Hi, my name is Hugh. I have been interested in taking things apart, and
                                  fixing them since I was about 13. I learnt early on about not touching
                                  live parts, as I loved taking the back off TVs and looking at the high
                                  voltage circuits - in those days TVs got very hot and often scorched
                                  components. I survived the occasional shocks, and am now in my 50s.

I ended up as a systems programmer, often working with low-level
                                  interfaces directly into the hardware. These days I don't look at
                                  hardware very often, but I love to heep my hand in and fix things
                                  when I can.

Which is how I found this site - my workplace were throwing out a
                                  Dell 2007FPb which had gone bang and stunk the place out. I thought
                                  I would find the main PSU cap charred, and with luck replacing it would
                                  be the only fix needed. With the help of great pictures on this site
                                  I opened it up, got the boards out, and replaced the main PSU cap.

The great advice on how to test the repaired PSU made the whole job
                                  far more enjoyable, and I was delighted to find that nothing else
                                  was broken. I now have a working LCD monitor which is far better
                                  then the one I was using for the last couple of years.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this site's success, you
                                  have been an inspiration even to old hands like me!

Comment

Im a newbe to this level of repair. Have fixed a few sets by replacing boards but trying to get to the next level. Thanks in advance to any help

Comment

Hello to all badcaps community and generally smart people . I too wanna be smart person, and don't trow away good tech, witch with some skill, perverseness and friendly advices could be repaired.

I can save environment and save some money, isn't it great .

Comment

Thanks for being a resource. Google helped me find your site for info on an old mac G5 power supply that is being turned into a bench power supply. Just looking for the correct pin outs to identify one wire back/red on P1, pin20.

-Chris

Comment

Hello,
                                          Got your site on google,was searching for repairing socket 1366 and 2011 motherboards.

Comment

Working...
                                          X